Procurement & Logistics Manager
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:8 Aug 2019
- Share job:
Procurement & Logistics Manager
Location : Mogadisho
The Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) is an independent, non-political humanitarian organization that was founded in April 1963 and was established with presidential decree No. 187 in 1965. It was then recognized by the ICRC in 1969 and in the same year became a member of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.
We are currently seeking to recruit a qualified candidate to fill the vacant position of procurement & logistics Manager based in Mogadisho Coordination office.
Provide support and oversee the development, implementation and evaluation of an integrated procurement and logistics plan and budget aligned to strategic priorities. Coordinate the entire procurement and supply chain process from sourcing, tendering and evaluation, contracting, delivery, customs clearance, secure storage and warehousing, inventory control, logistics and distribution, ensuring full compliance with approved procurement and logistics policy guidelines in order to control expenditure, avoid costly delays and lost opportunities. Coordinate and facilitate efficient mail and travel services for staff and official visitors, covering immigration issues, passport, visa requirements, resident permits, hotel reservations and other bookings as well as airport transfers
Roles & Responsibilities:
Technical Leadership, Programme Planning & Implementation
- Provide technical support and oversee the development, implementation and evaluation of an integrated procurement and logistics plan and budget aligned to strategic priorities
- Manage the entire procurement and supply chain process from sourcing, tendering and evaluation, contracting, timely delivery, customs clearance, secure storage and warehousing
- Coordinate inventory control, logistics and distribution process to avoid costly delays
- Develop and manage transparent and competitive procurement process, including tender specification (EOI, RFQ, RFP), bid evaluation, contracting
- Develop and manage the suppliers database, and establish competitive supplier selection, and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms
- Establish and implement a monitoring system that ensures that prices paid for goods and services are in line with local market prices
- Arrange travel and hotel reservations, process visas and resident permits, obtain customs and immigration procedures, book hotel accommodation for both staff and official visitors
- Maintain procurement and logistics files including all relevant documentation and prepare monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports
- Organize and facilitate capacity building programmes, including team building, mentoring and coaching staff in areas procurement, logistics and travel operations
Strategic Partnerships & Donor Relationships
- Maintain partnership and collaborative relations with strategic partners, donors, government, local authorities, and humanitarian actors to maximize support for humanitarian response.
- Represent SRCS in relevant conferences, seminars, workshops as well as meetings
- Participate in contract negotiations with suppliers, contractors and service providers and following up to ensure that all contractual obligations are fulfilled and are cost-effective
- Maintain relationships with suppliers to ensure completeness of deliverables outlined in the contract and also ensure that all vendor complaints and concerns are addressed promptly
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the SRSC Senior Management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional practice in Business Administration Public Administration, Purchasing & Supplies, Economics
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in procurement, supply chain, logistics, travel operations, contracting and thorough knowledge of donor procurement and reporting requirements preferably in humanitarian organization.
- Demonstrating consistency in upholding integrity and ethics
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to the fundamental principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Team leader with demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in computer office packages word, excel, power point competencies
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills and ability to manage intergroup dynamics and mediate conflicting interests
- Excellent writing skills, analytical capacity to synthesize project outputs and findings for the preparation of quality programme reports
- Demonstrate proficiency in Somali and English languages
Interested qualified candidates are encouraged to send their C.Vs with cover letter, copy of their certificates and 3 professional references to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: August 15, 2019.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
3329 total views, 2 today