- Job category: Procurement
- Post date:18 Nov 2019
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Position Title: Procurement Officer
Department: Admin, Finance and HR Department
Reporting to: Admin Finance and HR Director
Duration: 1 year with Possibility of extension
Duty Station: Ministry of Public Works and Housing (MOPWH-JSS)
Project: ROAD INFRASTRACTURE PROGRAMME
Ministry of Public Works and Housing Jubaland state of Somalia (MoPWH-JSS) is implementing the Road Infrastructure Programme Somalia, funded by the AfDB through the MoPWRH-FGS. The developmental objective of the programme is to support Somalia’s economic growth by providing enhanced transport facilities that are reliable and cost effective and to improve connectivity, accessibility and transportation of goods, persons and service thereby supporting economic and social development as well as stability of the country as a whole. Further, the programme aims to improve the management of the road sector at the national and regional levels by reinforcing the capacities of federal and regional institutions that manage road infrastructure.
The programme entails: (i) rehabilitation and surface dressing of 82km (BeledWeyne-Kalabeyr 22km; and Dhusamareb-Qaradhi 60km) of the existing 327km, 7.3m wide BeledWeyne-Galkayo paved road; (ii) rehabilitation and surface dressing of 85 km (Galkayo-Faratoyo) of the existing 240km, 7.3m wide Galkayo-Garowe paved road; (iii) rehabilitation and construction of the existing 80km, 7.3m wide Luuq, Ganane-Dolow earth road to gravel road standard; and (iv) new construction of 100 km, 7.3m wide Galkayo-Elgula (part of 241km Galkayo-Hobyo feeder road) to compacted gravel standard and Feasibility study, environmental and social impact assessment and detailed engineering design of 280km Lowyaddo-Farddaha-Borama road.
To implement the RIP programme in Jubaland state ,the Ministry of Public Works and Housing is seeking to employ a Procurement Officer, who shall play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for the project. The Procurement officer will follow procurement policies and procedures of the AfDB, FGS MPWRH, and that of Jubaland state , maintain an updated list of inventory and incoming purchases and supplies, and be responsible for approving purchases.
Reporting & Supervision:
The officer will report to Admin, Finance and HR Director and keep abreast of changes in such legislation and guidance, and any updates to policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Providing procurement support as directed by the Director General
- Assisting in and supervising the procurement of goods and services and other procurement activities as directed Admin and Finance Director
- Assisting the Admin and Finance Director in grant specific requirements and best practice overseas procurement.
Assist with the tendering, evaluation, placement of designated corporate contracts in addition to providing support to key strategic project and Ministry Public works reconstruction and housing Jubaland
- Advising and assisting RIPS project and Ministry stakeholders in procurements
- Administering supplier contracts
- Leading and monitoring supplier relationships
- Assisting in the implementation of supplier contracts
- Liaising with the Director and Project manager in areas of commercial or reputational risk
- Assisting in the development of internal procedures and documentation
- Assisting in the ordering of key supplies and acting as a purchaser for some teams
- Helping to drive better procurement practice across RIPS project as well ministry
- Liaising with the Finance and Admin Director and the other key stakeholders to understand the value of key contracts held by RIPS project
- Feeding back departmental sourcing requirements to the Admin, Finance and HR
Director to help identify where aggregated spend might offer better value for money
- Communicating opportunities to achieve better value for money through better procurement practices and guidance.
- Assist with and advise on compliance reviews of existing contracts.
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services, and supplies
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts
- Ensure that the products and supplies are high quality
- Maintain and update list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development.
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases
- Any other duties assigned by his/her supervisor.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Procurement, supply chain, accounting, or related field preferred.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- 5-6 years previous experience as procurement officer or related position
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel quick books)
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions
- Ability to negotiate, establish, and administer contracts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills-Somali & English
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Interested Somali candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CVs to Hr.firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date by 25th Nov 2019 @5:00pm
- . Kindly indicate “Procurement Officer MOPWH-JSS VA-no: 006– Kismayo, Somalia” on the subject line when applying.
- Qualified Female candidates is highly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1233 total views, 7 today