|Position Title||Program/area Manager|
|Duration||12 months contract with possible extension depends on fund availability and performance|
|Expected Start Date||Soonest possible, subject to fund availability|
|Duty Station||Dhusamareeb-Galmudug state –support all DBG related activities in Galmudug|
|About DBG||Daryeel BulshoGuud -DBG (Community care for all) is a non-political and non-profitable humanitarian relief- and development local organization who works to save lives, promote self-reliance and dignity through human transformation going beyond relief and development. See us www.dbg.so for more information about DBG|
|Reporting Line||Executive Director|
|Working Hours||8 hours per day for 5 days per week|
|Daryeel BulshoGuud -DBG (community care for all) DBG seeks dependable professionals with strong initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as excellent skills in leadership, communication, representation, interpersonal relations, decision-making, program management, programme development, monitoring & evaluation and reporting.|
This is a full-time position based in DhusamareebGalmudug state –central Somalia with outreach support provided to Daryeel BulshoGuud-DBG and stakeholders including government ministers and civil society organizations
The project will coordinate with key state ministries, local authorities and other relevant stakeholders to improve achievement of gender equity and social inclusion outcomes in their respective areas of work by strengthening relevant technical, leadership, capabilities and institutional mechanisms which are critical in advocating, coordinating, monitoring responses to gender equity and social inclusion issues.
The project manager will play a key role in supporting implementation of gender and inclusion mainstreaming activities
S/he shall support to develop work plans with clear targets and timeframe including defined roles and responsibilities with each component and their team members and ensure social inclusion and gender equity integration across the overall through approaches such as: (1) team is trained and are capable to access quality GESI technical support, (2) are able to apply and integrate equity and inclusivity lens throughout all program interventions, (3) program activities are designed and implemented to ensure meaningful participation and empowerment of men and women and across age ranges, diverse caste and (4) GESI is seen as a key component of program design, research, baselines, mid-terms, evaluation and is integrated in all routine monitoring activities.
In addition, the project Manager shall be responsible for facilitating awareness among line minsters on the importance of equity in gender and social inclusion integration into projects as well as identifying and promoting areas where DBG has the potential to excel in integrated programming. Therefore, as part of raising organizational sensitivity towards gender and inclusivity, the project Manager will commit their 5% time developing/adapting gender mainstreaming and social inclusion training for DBG Team members; share learnings and experiences, technical tools, internal and external communications as needed across DBG’s Somalia programs.
Along with gender equity and social inclusion, governance and M&E are also cross-cutting and core components for the women empowerment program.
· Serve as the gender equity and social inclusion technical lead for the entire Empowering Women Project, including programmatic and organizational gender mainstreaming.
· Lead the incorporation of the project start-up gender equity and social inclusion analysis into project activities, strategies and ensure regular monitoring and support.
· Provide on-going skills development and mentoring support to women, youth and socially excluded groups, carry out regular monitoring and evaluation activities to assess changes in knowledge, skills and inclusion level.
· Ensure the achievement of gender equity and social inclusion related targets (beneficiary’s level, gender ratio, etc.) set by the Project for different outcomes.
· Facilitate group formation, service delivery and other project related activities to ensure that women and excluded groups are equitably benefitted
· Lobby with the project stakeholders to ensure the participation of women and socially excluded groups
· Network with like-minded organizations and civil society networks to advocate for achieving gander equity and social inclusion related state level objectives, this includes supporting of public awareness campaigns on the importance of civil and political associations. Advocating for conducive space for women’s political aspirant to discuss, articulate collectively and develop common interest to vie in decision making inclusion, activism initiatives and special day’s celebration
· Support implementation of activities for Women Income Generation Activities (IGAs) and Small-Scale Businesses
· Assist project community mobilization officers on Women Village Savings and Loans Association (VSLAs) group’s establishment.
· Organize discussions and identify formal financial institutions to fund women business
· Coordinate sensitization meetings with state line ministers, local authorities and community on identification and rehabilitation of MCH Maternal Child Health (MCH) through cash for work.
· Coordinate closely, work with and support community mobilization officers to promote gender and inclusion integration across all program activities at the field level.
· Conduct regular community consultations to ensure programming remains gender equity and social inclusion sensitive and on-track.
2. Capacity Development-25%:
· Enhance capacity of the project staffs (including organizational members and staffs) policies support for DBG in Galmudug state.
· Develop and deliver series of key trainings on gender equity and social inclusion, based on the different gender and power inclusion/exclusion dynamics specific to each sector area and to the project beneficiaries.
· Provide technical backstopping to the community mobilization and business training officers at the district levels to promote and integrate social inclusion and gender equity issues throughout the program interventions and activities in the field.
· Development of tools as needed such as: women and marginalized groups leadership skills, engaging men decision making tools, roles and responsibilities etc
· Ensure implementation of gender equity and social inclusion needs assessment in linkage with state relevant line ministers and local authorities, socially excluded groups, existing Women association, academics and male gender champions
· Ensure development of a customized curriculum/syllabus to train on the skills women need in politics, leadership, governance and constitutionalism through of recruitment of qualified consultants
· Assist on VSLA group trainings for on business management, literacy and numeracy skills
· Create sharing and learning platform to share information and knowledge about social inclusion and gender equity to staffs and other stakeholders in the state.
· Develop and deliver key trainings and TOTs on gender equity and social inclusion to the project and implementing partner staff.
3. Design and Monitoring 15%:
· Assist monitoring and evaluation and community mobilization officers to prepare project related Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) plan including the preparation of checklists for field monitoring/verification
· Collect and document pre-intervention GESI baseline of the project implemented by the
· DBG in Galmudug
· Support and capacitate project staff in preparing reports and case studies that are
· GESI sensitive.
· Support the M&E team, Component Managers, national partners and regional technical teams to incorporate GESI indicators into the project log frame
· Integrate the social inclusion and gender equity activities into the women empowerment project M&E system to ensure that gender and inclusivity is reflected in output, outcome and impact level indicators and that sex, caste and ethnicity and age disaggregated data is regularly collected and applied to program activities
· Monitor field level activities and provide feedback to partners to ensure social inclusion and gender equity is integrated across
· Maximize meaningful participation and increase empowerment opportunities for women and marginalized groups
· Collect disaggregated data (sex, caste) while performing proactive and recurrent activity analysis.
· Establish current awareness on the importance of social inclusion and gender equity -sensitive programming among target participant groups including village leaders, government officials, health workers, youth group participants, etc. and to the implementing partner organizations’ staff.
· Prepare project related case studies including both – success and failures of the project
· Prepare monthly/quarterly/annual progress reports of project progress and achievements
· Support project management team for the preparation of project reports
· Support and help disseminate gender, caste disaggregated data research.
· Compile and produce semi-annual learning reports on social inclusion and gender equity integration from women empowerment project implementation experiences.
· Provide project technical reviews to program proposals, program tools, internal and external communications as needed across DBG Somali programs
5. Academic Qualification and Work Experience
· Master degree in Sociology, Development Studies, Gender Studies or related field with a minimum of 5 years of working experiences in relevant position.
· Should have excellent presentation and report writing skill and strong command in MS Word,
· MS Excel and PowerPoint presentation
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in Somalia and English, including ability to present coherent and convincing analyses to different audiences.
· A clear and firm commitment to the rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, minorities and persons with disabilities and ability to promote the same commitment in others.
· Excellent conceptual and analytical skills able to distil key ideas with clarity and precision.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to persuasively present ideas.
· Ability to lead and influence others with diplomacy and tact.
· Personal integrity with initiative and drive to get things done and achieve results in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
· An outgoing and engaging personality, with cultural and gender sensitivity and a strong sense of humor; able to build trust, work and live collaboratively with others and manage relationships with a variety of stakeholders in a diverse multi-cultural environment
· Strong organizational and coordination skills, able to work with significant levels of autonomy, manage personal priorities and meet tight deadlines.
· Business oriented with a commitment to build DBG’s agility and grow its reputation.
· Flexible and dynamic with the ability to deal with difficult, often ambiguous and challenging situations and creatively solve problems.
· Resilience to live, travel and work in remote and possibly insecure locations.
· Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
· Commitment to the vision and mission of DBG.
6. Apply now:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications with an updated CV to email@example.com and CC: Abdalla@dbg.so on or before 3:00 pm Saturday26th May 2018
The email subject line should read the title of the applied position, attach key and only most relevant certificates. DBG is an equal opportunity employer, female candidates are highly appreciated. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
7. Other information
DBG’s core values are creativity, fairness and honesty. Our staff are passionate about and proud of their work. Teamwork is fundamental to our standards and is demonstrated by taking initiative, assisting others and taking on additional responsibilities / tasks if necessary. We are results driven, committed and motivated to achieve targets and take accountability for our own actions.