Promising Career Opportunity
PROGRAM MANAGER –MOGADISHU
Expanding Access to Justice (EAJ) is a five-year program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) through the Freedom House-led Human Rights Support Mechanism (HRSM) and implemented by Pact Inc and the American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI). This Program Manager position falls under the responsibility of Pact Inc and its employment policies.
The program is aimed at contributing to lasting improvements to access to justice and effective mechanisms to address grievances in Somalia through three interlinked objectives; 1) Improving the public’s access to legal information through research, analysis, outreach, and policy interventions, 2) Increasing the quality and reach of legal aid services, and 3) Increasing the capacity and sustainability of access to justice actors.
The position is Mogadishu based with frequent field travel to Jubaland, Puntland, and South West State.
The Program Manager position reports to the EAJ Program Director.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Manage the EAJ Somali office and staff in Mogadishu
- Lead program implementation in the region by ensuring effective engagement with government representatives and effective coordination with program partners. Effectively liaise with community leaders and other justice actors on behalf of the program
- Ensure the effective integration of work undertaken by EAJ staff responsible for each of the three components and program auxiliary services, which include human resources, monitoring and evaluation, grants management, and financial management
- Provide technical support to local partners through hands-on guidance. Develop and implement Institutional Strengthening Plans (ISPs) for program partners. Advise partners on implementation of activities to create expanded awareness of rights, improved access to legal and dispute resolution services, and promote effective advocacy on behalf of disadvantaged groups,
- Manage all project planning responsibilities, including the production of monthly, quarterly and annual reports and quarterly work plans, guide and oversee the alignment of the budget to expected results, and review and approve annual budgets
- Ensure program implementation is on time, target and budget, using effective M&E systems to reach desired impacts
- Represent EAJ at program events and activities, and contribute to training and mentoring activities that channel program expertise to partner organizations
- Provide field training and mentoring to partners to strengthen capacity for technical service delivery and compliance with donor rules and regulations
- Oversee the production of media and social media coverage of EAJ events in Somalia in coordination with the Program Manager and communications staff
- Provide any other support as required by the Program Director
Qualifications and experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 years of experience in managing complex access to justice, legal and peace building projects, or master’s degree with minimum 3 years of experience in similar programming
- At least five years’ international experience in development, managing, overseeing, or evaluating comprehensive justice and peace building programs of similar size and complexity, with USAID experience preferred
- Five years demonstrated skills and experience in building and strengthening partnerships donors, private sector, NGO and local community organizations relations; Strong strategic and creative thinker. Demonstrated flexibility to changing situations, overcomes obstacles and recovers quickly from set-backs
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities (Somali and English)
- Strong computer literacy
How to apply:
Interested applicants fulfilling the requirements are invited to send their application letter and CV to email@example.com indicating “Program Manager – Mogadishu” on the subject line. Deadline for applications: April 15th, 2019.
Pact is an equal opportunities employer.