Vacancy Announcement: Program Manager ToR, Somalia
DEVELOPMENT ACTION NETWORK (DAN) Somalia which was founded in 2006 is a voluntary, non-governmental, non-political, non-partisan and non-profit making organization, flexible and committed to provide programs answering to the community’s basic needs relevant to the current situation in Somalia. DAN is open to all without discrimination in terms of origin, race, color or creed which is in line with the purpose of inception and existence of the organization. DAN is committed to carry out activities that reflect its mission, goals and vision, for social development. DAN attaches a high premium in strengthening the capacity of local community institutions and communities as the most sustainable way of overcoming ignorance, diseases, hunger, poverty, injustice and inequality in a context that suits to Somalis.
About the job
DAN is looking for a program Manager to be responsible for organizing programs and activities for the organization. The incumbent will be tasked to develop programs supporting the organization’s strategic direction, as well as creating and managing long term goals. She/he will also be in charge of developing budgets and operating plans for programs and writing program funding proposals.
In order to be successful in this role, she/he will need to have prior experience in both program management and team management.
- Organizing programs and activities in accordance with the mission, vision and goals of the organization.
- Ensure participation of the community in the implementation of program through appropriate mechanisms.
- Coordinate with other organizations in the same location to ensure timelines, packages and conditions are agreed to minimize problems and security issues.
- Liaise with other implementing partners in similar programs to ensure appropriate coordination of interventions.
- Coordinate and lead needs assessments for new displacements, as well as to inform new program development.
- Developing new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Creating and managing long-term goals.
- Developing a budget and operating plan for the program.
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Writing program funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services.
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure organizational goals are achieved.
- Meeting with stakeholders/key partners (local authorities, communities, UN/NGOs, clusters) to make communication easy and transparent regarding DAN interests.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle and analyzing program risks.
Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Bachelor degree or master degree in business or related field.
- At least three years working for an international NGO with program management experience.
- Experience with education, peace building and civil society engagement, Cash-for-Work and cash programming in conflict and post conflict settings.
- Demonstrably strong understanding of Monitoring and Evaluation processes and tools.
- Good team player and capable of working with a multicultural team.
- Proven analytical, sound IT skills, planning, and problems solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Somali languages.
- Proven ability in report writing, research and documentation and experience in proposal writing.
- Proven financial management skills.
- Commitment to DAN’s ethos and values.
How to Apply
Apply by sending your CV and Letter of Motivation addressed to the Human Resource Coordinator, DAN Somalia on this email address email@example.com Indicate the subject line with the position title (Program Manager, Somalia) no later than 25th April, 2019.
To see a full job description, please visit our website at www.dansom.org