Pact Inc. and the American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI), in partnership with local legal aid organizations (LAOs), are implementing a five-year Expanding Access to Justice (EAJ) project in Somalia with USAID.
The Program Officer will work closely with the Capacity Development Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation team, Grants team and other team members including local partners to ensure the program is effectively implemented to achieve expected results. This position will also work with the operational team in ensuring program activities are well supported and coordinated. This is a Hargeisa based position with frequent field travel to communities and local partners in Somaliland.
Roles and responsibilities:
Reporting to the Capacity Development Manager, the Program Officer will:
- Ensure program implementation is on time, target and budget, using effective M&E systems to reach desired impacts.
- Manage all project planning responsibilities, including the production of annual work-plans; guide and oversee the alignment of the budget to expected results, and review and approve annual budgets and quarterly reports.
- Be the pivot point for field program implementation the EAJ project in line with the expected program goals, in order to help integrate and operationalize conflict management activities along the border lines of Somalia.
- Provide technical support to local partners through hands-on guidance. Develop and deliver Institutional Strengthening Plans (ISPs) for program partners
- At the field level, engage on behalf of the project with field stakeholders like the government and other legal actors in the region.
- Provide field training and mentoring to partners to strengthen capacity for technical service delivery and compliance with donor rules and regulations
- Represent Pact in all EAJ Project field-based activities.
- Provide any other support as required by theCapacity Development Manager.
Qualifications and experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years of experience in managing complex justice, legal and peace building projects.
- At least five years’ international experience in development, managing, overseeing, or evaluating comprehensive justice and peace building programs of similar size and complexity, with USAID experience preferred.
- Five years demonstrated skills and experience in building and strengthening partnerships donors, private sector, NGO and local community organizations relations; Strong strategic and creative thinker. Flexibly to changing situations, overcomes obstacles and recovers quickly from set-backs.
- Excellent written and oral communication abilities.
- Strong computer literacy.
How to apply:
Interested applicants fulfilling the requirements are invited to send their application letter and CV to email@example.com indicating “Program Officer – Hargeisa” on the subject line. Deadline for applications: September 29th, 2018
Pact is an equal opportunities employer.