The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) Somalia is an International Non-Governmental Organization registered in Kenya and operating in Somalia. ADRA’s mission is to change one life at a time through enhancing development in individuals and communities. Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidate to fill the position of Project Assistant to be based in Somaliland.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide on-the-job professional support to primary and secondary school teachers
- Assist in the establishment of peer support networks at school level
- Conduct regular needs based face-to-face training for primary and secondary teachers
- Oversee cluster level ToT training for primary and secondary school teachers
- Facilitate organisation of school clusters, meetings with REOs, Coaches and Head-teachers
- Co-facilitate monthly teacher coaching hub meetings
- Assist to establish a quality assurance framework for the teacher professional support program
- Review and provide feedback to coaches monthly reports and work plans.
- Coordinate quarterly reflection and planning meetings for key resource persons
- Participate in observation meetings, classroom observation and post-observation reviews
- Assist in identification of personal professional development objectives for targeted primary and secondary school teachers.
- Degree in Education, Community Development or Project Management.
- A minimum of 4 years working in education projects.
- Diploma holders with over 5 years’ experience in education projects will be considered.
- Strong data collection and collation skills, processing, analysis and report writing.
- Good computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and database software programs.
- Experience working with school management and government authorities.
- Good negotiating skills.
If you meet the above requirements, please send your application letter and Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 7th December 2018. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.