Project Assistant: Commodities
For Somaliland Residents Only
Project Assistant: Commodities – Berbera.
Purpose of the position:
To assist the Project Officer in coordinating all Food Aid Programs in the area of operation in the district(s) and ensure compliance to Donor and World Vision requirements /guideline.
- Assist with the coordination of Food Aid programme implementation in the area of operation/region.
- Co-ordinate with other Relief and Development Agencies, donor engagement, Local Authorities and Government stakeholder in the region in ensuring that food security and development intervention strategies are targeted to the appropriate target population.
- Assist Project Officer, other Program Managers, Coordinators and district teams to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate approved activities as per programs design.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Educational level required: Diploma in Agricultural science, environmental science,Nutritionor related courses. Degree in these courses will be an added advantage.
- Technical Training qualifications required: Nutrition, Community Development /Public Health
- Professional technical skill desired: Excellent organizational, negotiation skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Experience: Minimum ONE year work experience in Nutrition, Community Development or Public Health
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 50 % Domestic, with some international travel, as required.
Kindly note: All academic certificates will be verified with the issuing academic institution.
All Interested and qualified candidates should log on to;
For detailed requirements and qualifications for the above jobs.
All applications shall be received by 22th April, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.