Project Assistant I: Health and Nutrition
VACANCY ADVERTISEMENT: For Somaliland Residents Only
Project Assistant I: Health and Nutrition- Baligubadle
The position holder will ensure effective implementation, coordination and supervision of MNCH activities with the aim of improving the health & nutritional status of vulnerable groups in Somaliland especially women and children.
Support improvement of MNCH services in Health facilities
- Support the implementation of project activities as per the detailed Implementation plans and as per the acceptable standards set by World Vision
- Ensure on-the-job training to health staff (especially Midwives) based on the findings of the supervision visit
- Ensure availability of all the necessary equipment, drugs and medical supplies in all health facilities
- Support the coordination of activities with community leaders, district authorities and other stakeholders to mobilize communities to actively participate in project activities
- Organize and facilitate workshops at the community and ministry of health level
Monitoring, Evaluation & Reporting:
- Work with the HMIS officer to ensure that all data collection tools for the project are in place
- Ensure collection of the HMIS data and compile and submit to the Project officer and HMIS officer
- Participate and support project evaluations and related assessments
Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and ExperienceEducational level required:
- A Diploma in Midwifery, Nursing, or Public health
- 2 years’ experience in supervision and support of MNCH services
- Demonstrated experience working in health service provision especially in Health center
- Experience in coordinating and conducting emergency response health and nutrition project monitoring and supervision
- Should be fluent in English with good writing skills
- Proficient in user of Microsoft office programs.
Kindly note: All academic certificates will be verified with the issuing academic institution.
AllInterested and qualified candidates should log on to;https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/somalia/health/project-assistant-i-health-and-nutrition-baligubadle/11513 for detailed requirements and qualifications for the above jobs.
All applications should be received by 11th December, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.