Project Assistant – I – Wash Engineer
For Somaliland Residents Only
Project Assistant – I – Wash Engineer – Garba-Dadar
The position holder will ensure timely implementation of project activities and build capacity of communities to manage community based water and sanitation facilities. He/ She will provide continuous promotion of hygiene and sanitation standards through campaigns, meetings and community mobilization
- Work closely with project Officer in conducting periodic assessment, baseline studies, context analysis of field realities and give feedback on the same. Actively participate construction supervisions and checking quality of construction of materials supplied by the contractors.
- Ensure there is an active Management committee (At least 40 % women) for every constructed / rehabilitated WASH facility among the targeted community. Continued support of community pro
- Prepare detailed implementation work plan for constructions and conduct assessments as well as developing standard technical drawings, BOQs and drawings for all kinds of constructions.
- Supervise and monitor the construction activities for WASH and infrastructure projects
- Ensure the hygiene education and campaigns are conducted among the targeted community members in IDPs, health centers and schools. Organize hygiene promotion campaigns at house hold level.
- Supervise and monitor hygiene activities and follow up communal latrines users and school latrines to be used properly by the students.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Diploma level of education in Civil engineering, Water engineering or a related field of study.
- Should demonstrated skills in AutoCAD, Community led total sanitation (CLTS), child hygiene and sanitation transformation (CHAST) and/ or Participatory Hygiene and Sanitation Methodology (PHAST) tools.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Project implementation preferably in WASH, Health or Community developmentProject.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal and communication skills. Should have good writing skills.
Kindly note: All academic certificates will be verified with the issuing academic institution.
For detailed requirements and qualifications for the above jobs.
All Interested and qualified candidates should log on to;
All applications shall be received by 11th February, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.