Project Compliance &Quality Officer
VACANCY NO: 0167/20-2019
POSITION: Project Compliance &Quality Officer
POSTED ON: Monday, 11 March2019
DEADLINE: Sunday, 24March2019
CONTRACT DURATION: 10 MONTHS (with possibility of extension)
STARTING DATE: Immediately
Sustainable Development and Peace Building Initiatives (SYPD) is a humanitarian organization that has been working in Somalia since 2004. We are focused solely on providing sustainable and pragmatic mechanisms of interventions to help the disadvantaged communities in Somalia by improving access to basic services including shelter/Non Food Items, livelihood, education, water and sanitation etc.
SYPD has grown rapidly with over 100 projects in different parts of Somalia that helped tens of thousands of vulnerable communities. With each project implemented, critical lessons in the fields of humanitarian support, development and peace building were discovered and incorporated into various programs.
SYPD Somalia Program is currently implement a program for economic development and livelihood (PEDAL) in Beledweyne District- Somalia
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support accountability through coordinating project audits and guiding project staff in their efforts to reflect on project experiences. Analyze implementation challenges and report any inconsistencies and/or gaps to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Review all scopes of work, specifications and vendor agreements proposed by project technical staff for contractual consistency, accuracy, and compliance with donor regulations;
- Keep abreast of interpret and provide guidance to staff on donor regulations and policies and provide training on applicable compliance requirements.
- Negotiate terms of agreement and lead the implementation of all assigned project procurement as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with SYPD policies and standards, donor contract requirements, and good practices.
- Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle.
- Coordinate activities across functions and effectively manage relationships with all project staff and serve as the liaison between them and HQ team to promote good contract management and impact.
- Prepare and coordinate approval of documents that support award transactions with the various contractors i.e. Consultants/vendors etc coordinating closely with procurement and finance teams to ensure these meets required award standards.
- Develop and or prepare contract related templates for various contractors.
- Manage, retain complete supporting documentation consistent with specific donor requirements and SYPD policies. These include contracts evaluation of offers/bids, and negotiation/award of contracts
- Review various areas of transactions and operations including procurement, Finance, IT, HR as determined by the risk assessment and for conformity and compliance with policies, Auditing Standards and donor rules and regulations generally accepted accounting principles, as applicable
- Ensure project documentation for assigned activities is complete with all required documents and is filed per agency and donor requirements. Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and documentation of case studies and promising practices.
- Support SYPD management to improve compliance to both grant policies, donor regulation and applicable local laws
- Provide expert advice and timely guidance/analysis on donor rules and regulations, applicable contract clauses, etc.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Bachelor’s degree in development studies, social sciences or related field
- 5 or more years of relevant working experience in a complex emergency humanitarian and development context
- Relevant working experience with international NGOs, UN agencies and working with local authorities in the areas of food security, livelihoods, WASH, shelter, health, emergency and development, M & E, Public Health and Nutrition
- Experience with program monitoring and evaluation, partnership management and people management skills
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to write proposals, assessments and reports
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to make public presentations and prepare concise and effective written content
- High standards of professionalism and integrity, and a commitment to quality and excellence in all aspects of job performance
- Strong conceptual and capacity to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Capacity to work independently, takes initiative, and be solution-oriented.
- Ability to thrive in a flexible and adaptive team structure with an intense focus on excellent humanitarian delivery
- Capacity to work effectively in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Previous working experience in insecure environments
- Willingness to travel, primarily within the project sites in South Somalia, with occasional travel to Nairobi
- Experience in management of grants desirable
- Has the ability to represent SYPD in high profile meetings
- Ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines
- Flexibility and interest in working in a multicultural environment
- Good knowledge of MS office applications
- Fluent in English language. Somali language is an asset
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates meeting the position requirements are highly encouraged to send their applications, CVs and three references to email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org by 24thMarch, 2019. Subject of the email should include ‘Project Compliance & Quality officer. SYPD offers an equal employment opportunity to all applicants without considering nationality, gender, race and ethnicity. Due to the urgency of this position, applications will be evaluated as they come and the vacancy may be filled before the stated deadline. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Posted by: Somali Jobs Inc
- Company: Sustainable Development and Peace Building Initiatives (SYPD)
- Location: Anywhere
- State: Somalia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Project Management
- Tags: No Tags
1262 total views, 4 today