Project Coordinator (1) positions
|Project Coordinator (1) positions|
|Employment category: Grade 4 Step 1
Reporting to: Program Manager
Direct reports:10 Scope Assistants
Authorization level: As per DRC IDRA
Advert number: DRC2018/077
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization which has been operating in Somalia since 1997. DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict and natural disaster. DRC programs include Protection, Food security & Livelihoods, Shelter/NFI and Water & Sanitation.
|ABOUT THE JOB
The Scope Coordinator is responsible for the overall supervision and coordination of the SCOPE registration of all projects in Mogadishu for refugee, returnees and IDPs GBV and safety net project which is targeting over 100,000 individuals, he will also provide support to the other areas as needed. S/he ensures SCOPE implementation processes and results are achieved per the project targets in the logical framework. He is responsible for government and count parts coordination. S/he is required to liaise with the Program Manager and other donor focal persons for quality control and implementation of biometrics as well as supervise scope 7 scope assistants.
|Responsibilities: (in bullet points)
· Under the supervision of the Program Manager Be responsible for the overall scope projects in Mogadishu, Safety net project, Returnee project and GBV project., including planning, implementation, budgeting, monitoring and drafting of donor reports.
· Ensure the technical and financial quality of the project and compliance with WFP and donor guidelines
· Responsible for managements of project staff including appraisals, day to day guidance and ensuring that the staff members are following the relevant protocols and the guiding manuals for biometric processes and results to be achieved as noted in the project’s logical framework.
· Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where SCOPE staff strive to achieve excellence.
· Ensure that regular monitoring and evaluation assessments against project objectives are conducted and reports made to the management and donors.
· Train project staff on scope verification of beneficiaries and redemption.
· Work closely with the technical Managers in order to implement projects according to relevant local, national and international technical standards.
· Develop and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders (e.g. beneficiaries, community leaders, local and national government officials, and other NGOs) and represent DRC at relevant meetings (e.g. local authority and WFP meetings) in order to facilitate and ensure cooperation and partnerships
· Oversee scope projects budgets and ensure the project budget is strictly utilized as per the plan, any changes reported on time and no over and under spent at end of the project.
· Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback via regular performance review and goal setting.
· Ensure local authority and other local partners are informed about the achievements of the project and work with the Program Manager to ensure the desired results of the projects.
· Prepare monthly reports indicating as per WFP format and ensure its shared with program manager in a propitiate time and in line with donor’s reporting requirement timeline.
· Liaise with the existing refugee and returnees’ structures including, social structures and government authorities (NCRI) promoting collective actions in addressing common needs of the returnees and refugee addressing their concerns.
· Work with financial / technical sectors to ensure safe / efficient payments are made using vouchers and/or local banking systems.
· Following the agreed upon plan of action, implement the program to schedule, reporting any delays and deviations and troubleshoot as is appropriate.
· Plan and monitor all field activities, i.e. appointments, meetings, cash / voucher distributions, monitoring and beneficiary follow-ups.
· Ensure there is always DRC presence at the reception center for receiving and guiding the returnees on issues related to registration on SCOPE.
· Ensure proper documentation of project processes is upheld, i.e. distribution plans, beneficiary lists, voucher requisition, distribution reports, working with all stakeholders.
· Handle direct community complaint promptly and responsibly. Ensure all complaints are registered, filled and reported to the complaint focal point.
· In close collaboration with WFP Support the staff on configuration of the gadgets and communicate with WFP on printing of the beneficiaries’ ID cards, Log issues and escalate tickets to various technical groups where necessary;
· Responsible for time-critical service restoration and technical troubleshooting within Scope in liaising with WFP.
· Respond to queries from users, understanding and resolving issues, providing advice and ensuring SCOP policies, procedures, systems and tools are correctly applied to support them
· Identify commonly recurring issues for assistance and provide assistance and provide advice on how those can be prevented or minimized through training, user awareness, changes in configuration;
· Manage the end-to-end SCOPE beneficiary registration, project/intervention setup, cards printing and support POS operations.
· Troubleshoot the issues by remote connection to user’s machine under different environments.
· To analyze problems by using manual or automated diagnostic programs, and resolve recurring technical difficulties;
· Any other tasks assigned by Program Manager.
|Required qualifications and experience:
· Minimum of 4 years working experience with humanitarian international NGOs
· Minimum of 3-year Technology (SCOPE) experience in Somalia
· Leadership skills, including ability to build and motivate a team and willingness to deal with problems constructively
· Proven ability to function well in an unstable and restricted environment
· Strong liaison and communication skills (oral and written)
· Innovative and creative thinking
· Very familiar with WFP scope registrations.
· Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in IT or other relevant subject.
· High degree of computer literacy
· Strong proficiency in English, both written and spoken English minimum level 4
· Fluency in written and spoken Somali
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
· Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
· Collaborating: You are a strong networker and enjoy working with many different types of stakeholders, you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
· Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while balancing the role of advisor and taking leadership
· Communicating: You write and speak effectively and honestly and display political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
· Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
|TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Availability: 1st Sept, 2018
Other terms of employment will be in accordance with DRC terms for National staff,
The position is open to Nationals ONLY.
Interested & qualified candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their updated CV and a 1-page Cover letter clearly stating their motivation and why they are suited for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org the subject heading “Project coordinator – Mogadishu” not later than 24th August 2018@04:30 PM EAT.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test & oral interview.
(DRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer)