Post Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Sheekh, Somaliland.
Closing Date: 17th March 2019
SOS Children’s Villages Somaliland is a private, non-political welfare organization whose primary goal is to provide permanent homes and education to orphaned and abandoned children. A further goal is to contribute to community development through provision of social, medical and educational facilities with the aim of preparing our children for self-reliance as independent members of the community. Our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
SOS Children’s Villages Somaliland is seeking to recruit Project Coordinator who will be responsible for guiding implementations and will coordinate the project activities. He/she will also lead the project staff.
- Responsible for the successful implementation of the project, including smooth coordination and cooperation with the implementing partners
- Take lead in the development of strategies relating to the program
- Ensure the implementation of all activities of the project
- Propose measures for program strengthening
- Prepare detailed annual plans, budgets, reports and planning schedules
- Follow up of partners by hold regular reviews and assessments with all project participants
- Monitor and support the implementation of the project with regards to implementation, including participation in meetings, workshops, trainings, information sessions and surveys.
- Participate in project activities such as trainings, meetings, workshop, student activities and conduct regular field visits.
- Manage and support project staff.
- Assist project internal/external assessments and evaluation
- Ensure that all records are well kept; maintain an excellent filing system in form of hard copies as well as in the computers
- Facilitate open communication and coordination between the project and other like programs in the implementation area.
- Prepare satisfactory reports, case studies and examples of best practices
- Performs any other reasonable tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject area, such as community development, development studies, social work, social sciences.
- Minimum of 3-4 years relevant work experience in the field of community development, youth development, entrepreneurship skills programme and social
A loving home for every child
- Experience in project management, monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent command of the main working local language as well as the general country language including both written and verbal.
- Able to lead a team
- Good knowledge of children’s rights and youth development
- Awareness and understanding of social development issues, such as the local and national OVC situation, gender, education, health, HIV & AIDS
- Good understanding and interpretation of the MDGs and SDGs
- Basic business and financial management skills
- Able to work independently, also in a diverse group, using initiative and keeping commitments
- Excellent computer skills (Windows, Word & Excel)
- Good reporting skills
How to apply: Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: email@example.com. Closing date is 17th March 2019. SOS is an equal employer; female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, it is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somaliland understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe.
A loving home for every child