SOMALIA STRENGTHENING INSTITUTIONS FOR PUBLIC WORKS PROJECT
Terms of Reference
|Position Title||Project Coordinator|
|Reporting to||Director General/Project Manager|
|Duration||20 Months (depending on continued budget availability and need for the position as well as satisfactory or better performance evaluations)|
|Duty Station||Ministry of Public Works, Reconstruction and Housing (MPWR&H Puntland State of Somalia)|
Somalia Strengthening Institutions for Public Works Project (SSIPWP)
The SSIPWP project is the centre piece for building the capacity of the Federal Ministry of Public Works, Reconstruction and Housing (MPWR&H) and the recently established state-level Ministries and the Banadir Regional Administration (BRA) by developing more effective, efficient, inclusive and accountable institutions for public works and infrastructure.
The SSIPWP project is funded by the African Development Fund (ADF) and the Transition Support Facility (TSF) of the African Development Bank (AfDB) and implemented through a Tripartite Protocol Agreement between the Somalia Federal Government, African Development Fund and the United Nations Office for Project Service (UNOPS).
The purpose of the SSIPWP project is improve the capacities of MPWR&H, State-Level Ministries and BRA responsible for public works to enable them independently plan, manage and oversee infrastructure construction projects and maintenance of public works (Project Appraisal Report, 2016).
Purpose of the Position
· Lead and manage staff, contributing to their capacity building and career development
Scope of Service
- Reporting to the Director General/Project Managerand has to Monitor and review performance and hold staff accountable for meeting the success criteria; give corrective feedback where required and take decisive action in the case of poor performance.
Duties and Responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that programmes are implemented according to agreed objectives and achieve agreed results in line with Concern’s and donor policies and procedures
- Ensure all expenditure is authorized and spent in accordance with Concern’s internal procedures; review monthly expenditure and ensure it is in line with programme plans.
- Ensure the allocated budget is utilized effectively and any necessary adjustments are requested in a timely manner.
- Technical coordination of the project throughout the different components (infrastructure, capacity building) as well as the preparation and the organization of the activities in close coordination with Ministry authorities and Project team and when needed MPWRH FGS.
- Support, accompany and manage the team and partners in the planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and learning of the activities
- Ensure compliance with guidelines, policies and procedures at all stages of program implementation
- Ensure proper and timely financial and narrative donor reporting in compliance with internal and external reporting requirements
- Prepare briefings and background information when requested by PM and other entities
- Maintain a good level of communication with any relevant stakeholders and dialogue with all relevant actors involved in the area
- Be in charge of the communication and visibility of the project by promoting the actions as per the communication plan.
- Ensure all staff understand the Core Humanitarian Standard and that the Complaints and Response Mechanism is functioning in the office and all programme areas.
- Ensure beneficiaries are aware of Concern’s accountability engagement related to sharing information regarding Concern’s mission and activities as well as the Complaints and Response Mechanism.
- Ensure the ongoing staff training or refresher sessions on the Code of Conduct and Associated Policies and the Anti-Fraud Policy.
- Provides administrative and logistical support to the portfolio of project;
- Ensures an in-depth awareness of operational issues in the context of Puntland;
- Streamlines and maintains procurement processes to meet grant deliverables and milestones;
- Serves as the primary liaison to all vendors and subcontractors;
- Responsible for day to day management of subcontracts with international vendors;
- Serves as primary liaison for Ministry on international subcontractor issues;
- Any other tasks assigned by the procurement department head.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor degree in law, political sciences, public administration, international relations or equivalent.
- Excellent, proven organizational and project management skills, preferably in a multi-cultural and international environment
- Capacity to establish effective working relations with public institutions and non-state actors including at senior level and to ensure an efficient co-operation with the AFDB
- At least 5-6 years of professional experience in Procurement of international Donor
- Proven capacity in team management and ability to security management
- Good command of program and project management life cycle including strategic planning, development, management, monitoring and evaluation
- Excellent communication skills ability to adapt to a diverse multicultural environment
- Diplomacy, patience and rigor
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proven experience in drafting institutional documents and reports
- Ability to work under pressure,
- Fluency in Somali & English.
- Interested Somali candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CVs to email@example.com , Closing date by 25thMay, 2019 @5:00pm.Kindly indicate “Project Coordinator MPWRH PL state & VAno 0082/19” on the subject line when applying.
- Qualified Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.