Project Coordinator – FFP
For Somaliland Residents Only
Project Coordinator – FFP (Hargeisa).
Purpose of the position:
Provide technical support and guidance to project teams and support partners during implementation, support capacity building of partner staff in commodities management and general programing and ensure that there is compliance to Donor and World Vision requirements /guidelines.
- Liaise with district teams (Partners) where Food Assistance is being implemented to ensure smooth flow of activities.
- Work closely with the other Relief and Development Agencies, Local Authorities and Government stakeholder in the District in ensuring that activities reach the appropriate target population.
- Foster relations with other World Vision Programs in the district so as promote collaboration and sharing of resources.
Capacity building for Partner staff:
- Facilitate the identification and implementing of appropriate training needs for Partner staff and to the local communities.
- Supervise, facilitate, appraise and identify staff and partners’ training needs.
- Induct partner project staff about the project(s) being implemented and WV policies.
- Conduct and/or facilitate trainings to Community Implementation Committees, local community members among others about project objectives, sustainability methods etc.
Monitoring and reporting
- Assist Project Manager and district teams to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate approved activities.
- Compile and submit/share monitoring progress reports; including site progress reports, and other statistical/technical reports.
- Participate in donor missions and visits by staff from the national office, Government and/or WFP.
- Participate in periodic project reviews and reflection.
- Initiate and /or participate in stakeholder networks and Government review meetings.
- Prepare monthly donor reports; including the consolidated CP reports, consolidated distribution plans, the monthly narrative report and the MMRs; to be shared with the Commodities Officer for review on the scheduled dates.
- Compile quarterly and end of project phase report and share with Project manager for reviewing.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Educational level required: A minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Community development, Developmental studies, Business Administration, Economics, Agriculture or any other related field.
- Must demonstrate training in Commodities management, food security and commodities accountability.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in similar position.
- Working with partners and conducting capacity building and trainings
- Using food data bases and commodities managements.
- Very good communication skills.
- Past experience working with WFP would be an added advantage.
- Must be good at using statistical data to generate reports.
- Good report writing skills.
- Fluent in English, and local language;
- Computer literacy.
- Have good mathematical and analytical skills
- Good understanding of sphere standards.
- Proven experience in use of WFP’s SCOPE system will be an added advantage.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Field based with close interaction with community volunteers and leaders
- Travel: 100% Domestic travel is required
Kindly note: All academic certificates will be verified with the issuing academic institution.
All Interested and qualified candidates should log on to;
For detailed requirements and qualifications for the above jobs.
All applications shall be received by 22th April, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.