PROJECT COORDINATOR (SSF PROJECT)
|PROJECT COORDINATOR (SSF PROJECT)|
|Employment Category: Grade 4 step 1
Reporting to: Project Manager.
Direct reports: Community Development Workers (2)
Location: Mogadishu with regular movement to area field project target locations.
Authorization level: As per theIDRA
Advert No DRC2018/035
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization which has been operating in Somalia since 1997. DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict and natural disaster. DRC programs include Protection, Food security & Livelihoods, Shelter/NFI and Water & Sanitation.
|ABOUT THE JOB.
The main purpose of the Project Coordinator (SSF) is to lead, coordinate and supervise the project stakeholder as well as overall implementation of Community Development through Empowered Women Leadership in Benadir Project which will be implemented in Shibis, Waberi, Shangani, Bondhere and Warta-Nabada districts and ensure promotion of transparency, accountability, participation of involved parties in appropriate manner, Responsible for all aspects of program cycle that include baseline surveys, reporting, budget forecast guiding project staff to meeting the implementation plan.
· Coordinate and work with relevant state-level government authorities, local government institutions, international agencies, non-governmental organizations, community-based organizations and local communities in order to ensure the smooth execution of project activities.
· Develop project work plans jointly with project staff, both DRC and other partner agencies, and in consultation with key stakeholders.
· support DRC staff responsible for project implementation to ensure that SSF project is implemented in accordance with the applicable provisions of the Operations Manual as per the agreements between DRC and project donors.
· Support project implementation and ensure timely formulation and implementation of the Community Block Grants and Social Service Access Grants in support of the Community Action Plans (or their equivalent) based on participatory socio-economic assessments and community mobilization.
· Oversee field budgets and ensure they are strictly adhered to and that all supporting documentations for expenses are properly completed.
· In coordination with the Programme Manager of Mogadishu, assess the need for, propose and arrange trainings (including on the job training) for the CDWs.
· Coordinate Community Development through Empowered Women Leadership in Benadir Project related activities within DRC Mogadishu, as well as other programmes or units, to guarantee no overlapping of initiatives.
· Coordinate with the district authorities in in Shibis, Waberi, Shangani, Bondhere and Warta-Nabada where the project is implemented, as well as the regional government of Mogadishu, and if necessary, government ministries for support.
· Provide support in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as per agreed format and requirement of the donor.
· Support the conduct of baseline studies and evaluations, as well as output and impact assessment in collaboration with the Technical unit, to provide information to insure sustainability of implemented sub-projects.
· Assess and evaluate project proposals related to SSF.
· Be the focal point for the beneficiaries’ complaints mechanism in Mogadishu and ensure that complaints are dealt with through appropriate channels.
· Perform other relevant duties as directed by the Programme Manager of DRC Mogadishu.
· Assist the 3 CDWs and project Engineer in facilitating the entire process of Participatory and Integrated Community Safety and Development (PICSD) cycle.
· Train the 3 CDWs in community mobilization, project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and community procurement and finance.
· Assess the needs for developing and/or utilizing other community development methods/tools that might benefit the SSF & DIALOGUE Project.
· Keep track of SSF sub-projects indicators using community monitoring forms to assess results achieved against performance targets stated in community project proposals
· Participate in programme inception meeting/reviews to discuss on the proposal and log frame and expected deliverables.
· Ensure smooth implementation of planned project activities in accordance with log frame, budget and proposals.
· To enable communities to freely exercise their right to decide on the design, implementation and evaluation of their own development programs (Community empowerment)
Liaison and Coordination
· Liaises and coordinates with authorities, project committees and other stakeholders.
· Active relations on behalf of DRC with local authorities, international organizations and concerned institutions present in Mogadishu, so as to ensure that DRC continues to maintain its advocacy role and profile among other stakeholders within the region.
· Coordinate, information, share reports and represent on behalf of DRC in the project areas this will include District commissionaires, Community Project Implementation unit (CPIU), regional representation, societies in the target locations.
· Daily supervision and monitoring of the project staff
· Supervise and mentor staff for smooth implementation of the program.
· Praise, guide, control and provide moral promotion to the staff as appropriate.
· Conduct mid and annual year Performance appraises staff as per DRC HR guidelines and close coordination with Human Resource office Mogadishu and your supervisor.
· Train and orient Project staff on Human Resource module of DRC/DDG and other project guidelines.
· Organize regular staff meetings, experience sharing, making sure they are participatory and end up with agreed action points on the program way forward.
· Regular – minimum weekly – action points agreed upon during the team meeting;
· Regular discussions with the PM on ongoing activities;
· Develop project work plan, Procurement plans, and detailed implementation plan for SSF project.
· Draft Donor narrative report as per reporting Action plan of DRC and share with your supervisor.
· Participate monthly BFU meetings, Verify project funds utilizations and forecast to ensure avoiding of overspending and under spending.
· Draft and submit sub-project budgets, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
Participate Area Quarterly meeting by representing SSF project.
|Experience and technical competencies:
· Have humanitarian working experience and context knowledge especially south-central regions
· Bachelor’s degree in development studies or Public Administration or other relevant courses Have good inter personal skills and maintain good rapport with communities as well respective local authorities
· Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
· Maintain team spirit in program implementation
· Honest and flexible
Bachelor’s degree in development studies or Public Administration or other relevant courses
Find the definition of DRC’s Core competencies here
|Languages: (indicate fluency level)
· English fluency (both written and oral)
· Somali Mother tong
· Arabic fluency
· Line manager
· Senior management
· All staff
· Local authorities
· Service providers
· Other Humanitarian NGOs or
· UN in the field
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
· Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
· Collaborating: You are a strong networker and enjoy working with many different types of stakeholders, you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
· Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while balancing the role of advisor and taking leadership
· Communicating: You write and speak effectively and honestly and display political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
|TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Availability: June 2018
Other terms of employment will be in accordance with DRC terms for National staff,
The position is open to Nationals ONLY.
|¨Basic: I master the essentials, but may at times need help from others
¨Advanced: I can work independently at full professional level.
¨Expert: I am the go-to person when others need help.
Interested & qualified candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their updated CV and a 1-page Cover letter clearly stating their motivation and why they are suited for the post email@example.com subject heading “Project Coordinator” not later than 23rd May 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for written test & oral interview.
(DRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer)