SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently working in Banadir and Bay Regoins, we expending our services to Bakool Region
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the position of Project Coordinator.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Baidoa with frequent travel to Bay and Bakool
The Livelihood and Economic Development Project Coordinator will be responsible for facilitating, promoting and ensuring Livelihood and economic development for youth and women in the project locations. The project coordinator will lead project teams to interpret and implement the Project document together with the community and local authority’s leaders to achieve project goals.
Report to: Area Manager- Bay and Bakool
Key Area of responsibility:
- Responsible for setting up the Economic development and livelihood project and its overall management.
- Organize Community Task Force, youth, families and communities in the assessment of root causes leading to child abandonment at family and community levels through use of appropriate participatory tools.
- Coordinate the development of an appropriate action plan to meet the needs of each household and community.
- Lead the identification of opportunities and mobilization of local resources for the action plan to meet the needs of each household and community.
- Support the preparation of individualized family development plans.
- Coordinate the development of emergency preparedness plans against potential disasters.
- Lead the planning of ensuring gender balance in decision making and in all project processes.
- Coordinate implementation of the approved Annual Plans and Budgets
- Establish effective Networking and Partnerships with the community, local authorities and other service providers
- Establish mechanisms for and undertake ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the projects’ activities
- Reporting and documentation
- Manage the appropriate and efficient utilisation of the organisation’s resources
- Understanding the SOS organization
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in social sciences.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in child and family development programmes.
- Proven expertise and understanding in development issues with a relevant technical competence in Economic development and livelihood needs assessment, project design, development and implementation.
- Extensive field experience in working with Community based organisations, young people and women.
- Experience in working with local authorities and partners.
- Substantial experience of non-formal, participatory training and staff development.
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email email@example.com
Closing date is 24th July 2018.
Competent Female candidates are encourage to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.