|Title:Project Driver- 1 position||Location:Somaliland, Hargeisa,||Duration:1 year (Renewable)|
Growth, Enterprise, Employment & Livelihoods (GEEL) is 5-year USAID-funded project designed to promote and facilitate inclusive economic growth in Southern Somalia, Puntland and Somaliland. The project is currently focusing on the agricultural sector (dairy, fisheries, sesame and banana) but is anticipated to expand in the future into other sectors of the economy. It will also seek to strengthen the business enabling environment through improving access to finance, policy and regulation, and business development services. Particular focus will be given to increase the participation of women and youth in the economy as entrepreneurs, employers, and employees.
The Project Driver will be responsible for the safe transport of staff, goods and documentations on behalf of the program. He will make sure that vehicles are properly maintained and fueled and that records on vehicle upkeep are maintained.
- Safe transport of staff, goods and documentations on behalf of the program.
- Loading and unloading items e.g. office equipment, supplies etc
- Perform vehicle inspection such as checking fluid level and tire pressure
- Adhere to all safety and communication protocols and as advised by operations Specialist
- Responsible for the safekeeping of all vehicle equipment, tools, first aid kits, spares, etc.
- Check the vehicle conditions after each trip/routinely -report needs and problems to transport management.
- Keep the vehicle ready, clean and on standby – ready for use at all times;
- Assist as required, with logistics in the office daily workload.
- Maintain vehicle log-sheets in accordance with IRG/GEEL policies/ regulations.
- Follow local driving laws and road regulations
- Ensuring smooth and efficient driving work;
- Other support tasks as assigned;
The Project Driver will report to the Regional Manager.
- Secondary school level certificate
- Valid Driving license
- At least 3 years of experience in driving preferably with International Organizations;
- Excellent knowledge of the duty station area is a must, knowledge of additional areas covered by the project locations is a significant advantage.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills of English is required.
- Good character and honesty in all dealings with and on behalf of the organization.
- Needs to be respectful and flexible with working hours
- Sound physical condition, including and specially eyesight.
- Auto mechanic and vehicle maintenance skills will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work independently and as part of team;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs;
- Ability to prioritize on deadlines.
How to apply:
Interested applicants can submit their current CV and cover letter to Jobs@sogeel.org and write Application for ProjectDriver– Hargeisa,
Deadline: by 25th May 2019