Sub: Job Advertisement
Job Title: Project Manager.
Duty Station: Buroa
Reporting to: Togdheer Regional Representative
Candlelight for Environment, Education & Health (Candlelight) is a local NGO based in Somaliland which is dedicated to development issues in under-served and/or marginalized Somaliland communities. The core areas of interventions are livelihoods/natural resource management/income generation, education, health and humanitarian interventions. Candlelight is interested to recruit qualified, dynamic and energetic project Manager for its livelihood project in in Togdheer and Sahel regions of which Candlelight is implementing in these two regions. at the same time the project Manager will coordinate and facilitate the various activities of the project in those two regions.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Overall project management including planning, implementing and monitoring/ evaluation. He/she must have In-depth knowledge and understanding of Project Cycle management with especial reference to livihoods interventions such as agricultural development and economic growth interventions.
- Responsible overall management and understanding of project.
- Analyzing the Project Context and refining Objectives, Scope, and Other Project Parameters.
- Preparing the Work Breakdown Structure, plan and schedule with the project time frame.
- Designing Control and Reporting Systems: Cost, Time, Resources, and Scope (including Performance and Quality)
- Lead, motivate and manage human relationships and resolve conflicts in the project team.
- Regular monitoring and evaluation of the project sites will be necessities.
- Provide guidance and support the staff in field and recommend necessary changes.
- Obtain approval technical design decisions.
- Maintain quality control of project implementation levels.
- Prepare request of funds and financial reports of the project activities.
- Ensure project review and monitor to control actual planning.
- Submit periodic reports to Environment/Livelihood coordinator.
- Maintain strong relationship with different project stakeholders and networks.
- Ensure effective coordination between the funding and implementing agencies.
- Demonstrate effective leadership and management skills and establish team work among the project staff members and communities.
- Take part and contribute proposal and concept not development
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum Master Degree or equivalent in Environment, range land management, and Livelihoods issue.
- Minimum 5 years work experience project management and livelihoods interventions.
- Work experience in with rural communities would be an asset.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines and efficiently handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to write concept notes and project proposals, project baseline analysis and standard project reports.
- Demonstrate capacity to work in teams with colleagues.
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills
- Ability to travel to the regions.
- Experience in Food security & Livelihood related field, particularly in women’s business, market-based interventions, entrepreneurship, and Agricultural Livelihoods
- Experience in Income Generating activities
- Experience in conducting trainings and facilitation.
- Experience in cooperation with private sector
- Very familiar with computer features, excellent both English/Somali.
How to apply:
Qualified persons interested in this position are invited to submit the CV with 3 references and a cover letter summarizing and giving an overview of their educational background and work experience not later than on 20th August 2019, via e-mail to: email@example.com at 2:30 PM