Project Manager Local Governance
Project Manager Local Governance (1 Position)
|Position Title:||Project Manager Local Governance|
|Reporting to:||Programme Manager|
|Area of Operation:||South Central Somalia|
|Employment period||Starting in Oct 2019, one year with the possibility of extension.|
FCA works to enable people to break the circle of poverty and violence. We are a rights-based actor, a Finnish organisation with 70 years of experience, with operations in 15 countries. FCA is Finland’s largest NGO in development cooperation and second largest provider of disaster relief. Our action is guided by international human rights standards and principles. We realise our mission and vision through development cooperation, humanitarian assistance and advocacy work. We contribute to positive change by supporting people in the most vulnerable situations within fragile and disaster-affected areas. We consider three thematic areas as central to sustainable change: the right to peace (R2P), livelihood (R2L) and quality education (R2QE).
In Somalia and Somaliland FCA has been working under a right to peace thematic areas since 2008 including governance and reconciliation projects and later has expanded in quality education (R2QE) thematic area.
Primary purpose of the position:
To manage the implementation of the project “Strengthening local governance structures for more accountable and inclusive Federal Member States in support of the Wadajir National Framework – Phase II” funded by EU and implemented by FCA and its consortium partners
- Undertake day-to-day management of the project, including smooth project implementation and efficient use of resources.
- Be responsible for the overall project implementation, and under supervision of the Program Manager lead the planning, budgeting, monitoring and reporting (internal and external)
- Liaise with Senior Government & Reconciliation Manager for technical advise and development of the local governance project
- Ensure the technical and financial quality of the project and compliance with FCA and donor guidelines
- Liaise with the M&E Manager for monitoring and evaluation, identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned for organizational sharing and learning
- Participate actively and engage in coordination meetings relevant to the program and maintain good relations and communication with consortium partners
- Prepare work plans and produce timely reports – financial and progress reports – as required by FCA and donor reporting systems.
- Ensure the participation and involvement of relevant stakeholders in project activities so that the process is inclusive, participatory and transparent.
- Ensure delivery of resources and results according to planned targets.
- Ensure the development of cross-project linkages with other relevant projects and programmes for mutually reinforcing impact.
- Identify capacity building needs of consortium partner organisations and institutions and report to program manager.
- To coordinate with the Program Manager, the Senior Government & Reconciliation Manager and Gender & Youth Adviser on Gender related matters in Local Governance.
- With the support of the Program Manager, Human Resources & Admin Manager and the Finance Manager to support logistical and procurement needs of the local governance project.
- In close collaboration with the Program Manager to ensure the quality of project deliverables, suggesting action/corrective measures and supporting in the monitoring of progress against activity and budget.
Competence, experience, skills, knowledge needed
- Master degree in Peacebuilding and conflict resolution, development studies, international relations, or similar fields
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in development aid
- Proven strong project management skills and knowledge about the Project Cycle Management
- Ability to work independently
- High analytical and solution oriented thinking
- Ability to travel and work in a high risk security area
- Relevant experience in fragile context in management level
- Strong knowledge of the local context of Galmudug, Hirshabelle and Jubaland Federal Member state
- Good knowledge of Somalia is an asset
- Leadership and teamwork skills
- Knowledge and working experience in governance and democracy is an asset
- Proficiency in English (oral and written).
- Please note that the closing time is 23:59 pm local time.
- Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Email or Paper applications will not be considered.
Please apply by using the link no later than on 20th July, 2019. Applicants will be short-listed and contacted for an interview on a progressive basis.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.