Project Manager(National position)
Polish Humanitarian Action is looking forPROJECT MANAGER
- Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH)
- Position: Project Manager(National position)
- Location: Jowhar, with very frequent travels.
- Job terms: 1year with 3 months probation.
- Starting date: January 2019.
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is a non-governmental organization which mission it is to make the world a better place. For over 20 years, we have been providing relief in big and small emergencies worldwide alongside with running long-term missions in several countries in crisis. Our interventions – of both humanitarian and development character – have been carried out in 44 countries so far. Our focus is on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering the consequences of war and/or natural disasters. We possess long-standing expertise in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), but also implement projects in Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), as well as Nutrition and Education. For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl.
PAH Mission in Somalia:
PAH has been present in Somalia since 2011. With WASH and Nutrition programs PAH supported people from the most vulnerable communities in different regions in Somalia. Our primary focus was to provide safe drinking water through rehabilitation water infrastructure, constructing water distribution systems, and constructing rain water reservoirs. In our work we also focus on other WASH components such as improvement of sanitary conditions, hygiene promotion to make our WASH interventions fully comprehensive. We are implementing ECHO projects targeting the most vulnerable IDP communities in Mogadishu and around as well as UNICEF WASH projects in rural communities and key community institutions in Banadir, Lower and Middle Shabelle.
PAH in Somalia is looking for Project Managerwho will become the part of our program team with the following responsibilities:
|· Responsible for Project documentation storage
· Support HoP project development and design, including identifying new donors and partners
· Responsible for preparing and conducting internal project related trainings
· Responsible for delivering annual, monthly and weekly project reports
· Responsible for representing PAH in project related external contacts
· Support the HoP in cooperation with the extarnal auditors and controlling institutions
· Responsible for cooperation and consultation with Project related external entities regarding the substantive materials
· Responsible for managing the flow of project related information
· Responsible for Project Related Cost analysis
· Oversees regular preparation of project – based purchase plan
· With support from Finance Coordinator and HoP, establishing the project budget/ participation in the general budget
· Manages Field Project Coordinators
· Responsible for Project management
· Responsible for Financial control of the project, with support of HoP and FC
· Project closure, with support of HoP
· Preparing strategic and operational plans and programs with support of the HoP
· Conducting the promotion actions of the project
· Supporting the department in the work process
· Conducting other tasks delegated by the supervisor
|· Managing the project
· Support in recruiting new employees to the project
· Conducting periodic appraisal interviews for project staff
· Commissioning tasks to the employees of the project
· Developing project employees’ competencies
· Motivating project employees and volunteers
· Teaching project employees and volunteers
· Managing the project budget, with support of HoP and Finance Coordinator
· Supervising the implementation of the project tasks
· Preparing the annual plans with support of the HoP
· share information about project progress with MEAL unit
· update performance tracking tools and lead quarterly PRMs, with support of the HoP
· Bachelor’s degree in areas such as public administration, Project Management, business administration, management.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us the following documents:
- CV including work experience and education
- Cover letter
- Your salary offer
- Three referees with their complete contact information
If you are interested, please follow the link below.
Deadline for applying isDecember26th2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews and tests. Interviews for shortlisted candidates are planned in Jowhar. Candidates interested in the position must be ready to attend the interviews and test in Jowhar. Female candidatesare strongly encouraged to apply.