Project Officer (Education )
|Job Title:||Project Officer (Education )||Department:||Program|
|Reporting to:||Project Manager||Liaising with:||All DBG Mogadishu Staff /beneficiaries/ Community|
|Essential job functions:|
|Under the direct guidance and supervision of the DBG project Manager, the Project officer (Education) will be responsible to ensure timely implementation of various planned project activities.|
|Role and Responsibilities
Emergency Education Support for Vulnerable Children (ESVC) in Banadir area.
· Responsible for managing closely the Program field staff and following up the progress of their work-plan and achievement against the master plan to ensure timely completion of planned project activities.
· Provide inputs and spend time in the field for different project activities in targeted schools and key stakeholders meetings under ESVC.
· Assist and coordinate with Project manager for effective implementation of the project activities as per the work-plan and project objectives.
· Support the Project manager in planning for, facilitate and participate fully in preparing quarterly work plans and prepare monthly work plan based on quarterly work plans.
· Ensure under the supervision of the Education Program manager, work with schools and MoE’s on the selection and verification of teachers for teacher training activities.
· Work closely with other stakeholders and CECs on the identification, selection and verification of targeted beneficiaries, as defined under ESVC criteria for selection.
· Facilitate training process in close coordination with Education program manager on inter-sectoral linkages with child protection, SGBV, gender on roles and responsibilities by Education providers.
· Develop and implement education programmes in line with Inter-agency Network for Education in Emergencies (INEE) standards and child protection systems approach.-
· Support and capacitate CECs to develop Schools Development Plans (SDPs) that have activities which systematically promote ESVC in target area to enhance education delivery.
· Coordinate with partners and other actors in education to adapt the Education Support for Vulnerable Children and ensure ownership.
· Provide technical advice and guidance on education issues to persons of concern; liaise with competent authorities to ensure the issuance and recognition of education relevant documentation.
· Ensure that Programme Analysis and Support instructions relating to education programming and reporting are understood and followed.
· Under the guidance of Education Program Manager Implement a results-based advocacy strategy through a consultative process with sectoral and cluster partners.
· Advocate with other stakeholders for respect of the right of persons of concern to an education and for their access to education services.
· In close coordination with Ministry of Education in Banadir and schools head teachers, and Community Education Committees (CECs), roll out the project activities.
· Develop, maintain and improve mutual and beneficial relationships with all key stakeholders and provide capacity building through a results-based advocacy strategy including government officials, school teachers and community leaders to ensure successful implementation of the project.
· Undertake initiatives to build the capacity of communities targeted by the program to assert the right to education for their children and access to quality education.
· Contribute to a communications strategy that generates support for coordination with Ministry of Education officers, organize awareness raising campaigns to initiate community dialogues and convey key messages to promote ESVC using local media.
· Coordinator with all stakeholders and community members to come up and implement plans for conducive learning environment for learners in schools.
· Ensure that gender sensitization and awareness have been incorporated in various kinds of services, trainings and activities provided to target communities for the education project.
· Provide regular follow up and support to teachers, children and CECs on other activities through meeting.
· Ensure close coordination with M&E Officers for feedback to enhance the quality aspects.
· Ensure that best practices are identified, documented and widely disseminated.
· Maintain proper documentation of the project activities and timely upload Means of Verification for each activity carried out, including signed distribution lists.
· Provide accurate M&E and Grants supporting documents to the donor.
· Prepare and share timely and accurate progressive reports periodically against the work plan to project manager.
· Coordinate with authorities, schools and CECs to ensure that child protection cases in targeted schools are reported, referred and followed up
· Ensure implementation of project activities conforms to donor requirements and procedures.
Working with others
· Ensure effective and streamlined communication between education programme and logistics and other support staff.
· Other job duties and responsibilities, as assigned by the project manager.
Minimum qualifications and professional experience required.
· University degree in Education, social work and or other relevant disciple.
· Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
· Excellent knowledge of English written and spoken.
· Advanced skills including the ability to develop and maintain productive, effective working relationships with stakeholders.
· Experience in staff management will be an added advantage.
· Understanding of project cycle management (PCM) is an added advantage
How To Apply
· Please send your C.V along with cover letter indicated in the subject line “Education officer”, directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
· DBG is an equal opportunity employer
· Only shortlisted candidates will be called for test and interview.