For SomalilandResidents Only
To lead field-based IT operations pertaining to the Last Mile Mobile Solutions (LMMS) and Commodity Tracking System (CTS). The position holder will ensure LMMS web application is in place for set up of new distribution projects and assist in consolidating and generating LMMS/CTS reports
LMMS System operation:
- Oversee wireless connectivity issues between mobile devices and roaming servers in field operations, trouble shooting where necessary.
- Ensure correct functioning of LMMS in beneficiary registration, enrollment, household updates and commodity distribution activities.
- Ensure Safety of data collected in the field; maintain backups and encryption of laptop data when required. Additionally, help administer LMMS system users within the project.
- Support for Field Monitors and reports back to the core system delivery team on state of field deployments.
- Prepare LMMS reports and forward them to relevant departments within WVK and LMMS Global IT.
Documentation and Reporting
- Maintain a neat, organized and chronological filing system, ensuring that hard copies of the recommended reports are available and easy to access at any required time.
- Update the shipment registers, shipment receipt summaries, Loss claim register and Loss files to make sure that the soft copy and files are up to date for easy accessibility on monthly basis.
- Make frequent visits to the field locations to assist in CTS documentation and accountability.
- Collect and keep all the receipts and dispatch summary, truck inspection reports, loss reports, physical inventory, warehouse inspection report, distribution summaries and distribution center visit reports.
- Ensure Physical inventory for all the warehouses to ensure that the commodity book balances match the actual stock in the warehouses and explanations provided for any variances.
Coordination, collaboration and capacity development.
- Work closely with the global LMMS Support personnel in all aspects of the technology readiness and rollout.
- Lead capacity development of field staff to ensure adequate LMMS/CTS coverage.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in computer Science or IT or any other related course from a recognized University.
- Solid background in the Window Operating System – XP in particular. Comfortable invoking, stopping or restarting System Services, installing and uninstalling software, creating user groups and setting up user privileges.
- Solid networking skills – able to set up, securing and administer wireless ad-hoc peer-to-peer networks. Ability to isolate and troubleshoot network connectivity difficulties accordingly and through running IP configuration tools, resetting wireless connections. Understands TCP/IP protocol.
- Knowledgeable of Relational Database Management Systems – exposure to MySQL highly desirable, including the use of database management tools (such as MySQL Query Browser and Administrator).
- Ability to troubleshoot IT problems – log, track and systematically troubleshoot IT problems.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Requires the ability to effectively present concepts to lay users in various settings and by various means (verbal and written).
- Requires the ability to work under pressure and on multiple tasks.
- Good team player, self-starter, has ability to work under minimum supervision and maintain good
Kindly note: All academic certificates will be verified with the issuing academic institution.
All Interested and qualified candidates should log on to;
For detailed requirements and qualifications for the above jobs.
All applications shall be received by 3rd January, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.