Project Officer III–2 Positions
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:1 Aug 2019
- Share job:
For Somaliland Residents Only
Project Officer III–2 Positions (Berbera & Gabiley)
Purpose of the position:
Provide technical support and guidance to project teams and support partners during implementation,
support capacity building of partner staff in commodities management and general programing and
ensure that there is compliance to donor and World Vision requirements /guidelines.
- Be involved in community mobilization, targeting, registration and monitor movement and distribution of agriculture inputs & Cash for Work (CFW) tools.
- Work with the agro pastoralist communities to explore indigenous technical experiences and develop cropping calendars and farm plans.
Monitoring and reporting
- Assist Project Manager and district teams to plan, implement, monitor and evaluate approved activities.
- Compile and submit/share monitoring progress reports; including site progress reports, and other statistical/technical reports.
- Participate in donor missions and visits by staff from the national office, Government, USAID and/or WFP.
- Liaise with district teams (Partners) where Food Assistance is being implemented to ensure smooth flow of activities.
- Work closely with the other Relief and Development Agencies, Local Authorities and Government stakeholder in the District in ensuring that activities reach the appropriate target population.
Capacity building for Partners & staff:
- Facilitate the identification and implementing of appropriate training needs for Partner staff and to the local communities and recommend to the manager.
- Supervise, facilitate, appraise and identify staff and partners’ training needs.
- Induct partner project staff about the project(s) being implemented and WV policies.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Educational level required: Degree in Agriculture, Animal/plant science/environmental science/rural development and related fields.
- Certificate in Natural Resource Management or Farmer Managed Natural Regeneration (FMNR) is required
- Experience: 3 years prior experience in a supervisory position, with good understanding on principles of extension
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills
- Using food data bases and commodities managements.
- Very good communication skills.
- Past experience working with WFP would be an added advantage.
- Must be good at using statistical data to generate reports.
- Good report writing skills.
Kindly note: All academic certificates will be verified with the issuing academic institution.
All Interested and qualified candidates should log on to;
For detailed requirements and qualifications for the above jobs
All applications shall be received by 14th August, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
5623 total views, 2 today