Project Officer III- GIK, Somaliland
For Somaliland Residents Only
World Vision is an International Relief and Development organization, whose goal is to achieve long-lasting benefits in the quality of life for vulnerable children and their families, displaced persons and communities. World Vision Somaliland Program wishes to invite applications from highly competent dynamic, self-driven and results oriented Somaliland Residents to fill the following vacancy to be based in Hargeisa Office.
GIK Officer III: Hargeisa
To provide management to successful operation of the GIK (Gifts in Kind) program that is in compliance with FPMG (Food Programming Management Group) policies, GIK minimum standards, Supply chain manuals and reference guide and other international donors standards.
- Training/capacity building:
- Provide support to all GIK and ensure that GIK resources are managed and implemented as per, GIK minimum standards, FPMG and donor Standards and facilitate capacity training programs for regional staff in understanding of GIK
- Processes/systems infrastructure:
- Provide, establish/maintain effective communication, reporting and tracking of GIK received by producing timely and accurate GIKs reports to stakeholders and donors and to other partners
- Provide and act as an engagement/liaison officer with line governments and local authority in implementation of GIK activities
- Facilitate GIK audits and follow-up implementation of audit recommendations
- Stores Management:
- Work with Supply chain department to monitor and control stores management of the GIK
- Provide oversight of the Non Food Tracking System (NTS) program, and ensure that the NTS is installed and fully operational in your locations to produce timely and accurate management reports (Stock lists, stock inventory ledgers, inventory aging reports)
- GIK Accountability;
- To collate Gift in Kind (GIK) and procurement data, analyze and package information to share with internal and external stakeholders.
- To collate, analyze and package information regarding the status of on-going World Vision Somalia projects for internal decision-makers and external audiences.
- Food Assistance Accountability
- Checking all food reports correctness and signed.
- Conducting All reporting forms through (FMR, TI, DCVR, report, PI forms and BDLs in place and filled.
- Checking all waybills for commodities and for all errors.
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills
- Must promoted and adhere to set security standards- must “walk the talk”
- Ensure a gender perspective in the scope of work
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Education: Bachelor degree in Social science or Business administration.
- Experience: At least two years hands on experience of commodity tracking and accounting
- Have strong computer skills with working knowledge of Ms Access, Ms Excel and Ms Word.
- Good Capacity building skills.
- Must be ready to work long hours in harsh stressful environment and security risk areas.
- Must be a team player and have good management/supervision and inter-personal skills.
- Should be a problem solver and have good analytical skills.
- Must have the ability to travel and a flexible approach to living conditions.