PROPOSAL WRITING FOR NGOs
PROPOSAL WRITING FORNGOs
This workshop is meant to respond to the increased need for writing quality proposals by personnel in the NGO sector.
As more donors would like to partner with NGOs and give grants, proposal writing poses many challenges for some if not many NGOs in Somalia
With the facilitation of experienced practitioners, this workshop, will equip you with the information required for developing a winning proposal.
Upon completion of the programme, participants would be able to:
- Understand proposal, proposal components and how each is drafted
- Draft proposals with confidence
- write more effective proposals.
- Understand the client’s needs and the correct response.
- Confidently respond to RFPs on time.
- Develop good writing skills
This course is the all-awaited course for you or your organization if you…
- Are potential proposal writer or new to writing proposals.
- Are project/program manager to respond to RFPs.
- Work in an organization that is required to respond to RFPs.
- Want to improveand brush up your proposal writing skills.
- Review proposals before submission.
- Would like to win a competitive RFP
The course is organized in modules and each module covers a reasonable content to enable participants connect and progress successively in the succeeding modules.
Module1 1: Understanding the proposal
- Before writing a proposal
- What is proposal?
- Why a proposal?
- Types and formats of proposals
- Terms used in proposal writing
Module 2: Writing skills
- Spelling and Grammar
- Paragraphing and sentence construction
- Working with MS word
Module 3: Key components of a proposal
- Executive summary
- The project Rationale
- The problem / need analysis
Module 4:Project description
- Project justification
- Project goal, objectives and results
- Monitoring, tracking, evaluation and reporting
- Coordination with stakeholders
Module 5: Project tools
- Logical framework
- M&E matrix
- Budget and budget narrative
- Work plan (Gantt Chart)
The training uses a range of methods: presentation, group/individualactivity and discussions.
The course will take place in Mogadishu,Somalia.
This training can also be customized for your institution upon request. You can have it delivered your preferred location.
- The course fee is $$50 per person (Course Materials, Refreshment, and Certificate)
- For further inquiries, you can call on +252619442225
Interestedparticipants shouldapplybyphone: (+252619442225) Or you can click below link to register