|Employment category:Grade 6 Step 1
Reporting to:Protection Officer
Location:Beletweyne with regular movement to field project target areas
Advert No DRC2018/049
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization which has been operating in Somalia since 1997. DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict and natural disaster. DRC programs include Protection, Food Security & Livelihoods, Shelter/NFI and Water & Sanitation.
|ABOUT THE JOB
Protection Assistant will be responsible for leading case management process such as assessment, planning, implementations, follow up and case closure through Gender Based Violence, Child Protection response and preventions and conduct awareness to IDP, refugees and other community members.
The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
|Required qualifications and experience:
· Strong listening and empathy skills, as well as commitment to supporting women and children survivors/ at risk;
· Experience in community mobilizations and networking. Ability and motivation to work well with local authorities, local leaders and local community;
· Good cooperation skills, ability to work well independently and in a team;
· Good problem solving and social skills and creative, to think of alternative solutions;
· Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills;
· Computer literate (Word and Excel);
· Willing to work extra hours and available at the weekend for emergency cases.
· Experience working with International NGO’s, UN agencies and/or local authorities in complex emergencies
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skill
· Experience on emergency and humanitarian response on GBV and CP.
· Knowledge on GBV/CP global guiding principles, SOP’s, case management process and other relevant tools for GBV/CP prevention and response.
· University degree or diploma, preferably in Social Sciences, Gender, GBV Human Rights, or related field from a recognized institution.
· Proficiency in written and spoken English and Somali
Key stakeholders: (internal and external)
· IDPProgram staff
· Women, Girls& Children Support staff
· Refugees &ReturneesTechnical staff
· Local communities
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
· Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
· Collaborating: You are a strong networker and enjoy working with many different types of stakeholders, you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
· Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while balancing the role of advisor and taking leadership
· Communicating: You write and speak effectively and honestly and display political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
· Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
|TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Availability: July, 2018
Other terms of employment will be in accordance with DRC terms for National staff
The position is open to female nationals ONLY.
Interested & qualified candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their updated CV and a 1-page Cover letter clearly stating their motivation and why they are suited for the post to Jobs.Hiran@DRCSOMALIA.ORG with the subject heading “Protection Assistant”not later than 25thJune 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test & oral interview.
(DRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer)