Quality Improvement Specialist
DATE: May 2019
Title: Quality Improvement Specialist
Department: Health Services, Quality Improvement
Location: Based in Berbera with frequent travels to the field
Reports to: Health Services and Quality Improvement Manager
Duration: Contingent on donor funding
Who we are?
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
We are looking for a Quality Improvement Specialist who will be tasked with the roll out and Implementation of Quality Improvement Framework in collaboration with the MOHD in Sahil region. He/She will work with the MOHD and service delivery implementing partners to ensure health service providers knowledge and skills are improved to attain minimum standards set by MOHD and PSI. He/She will also provide formal trainings, on-job training, coaching, and mentoring support to service providers during routine Quality Improvement supervision visits and assist when conducting periodic assessments of provider performance and take the lead in providing feedback to MOHD and service delivery implementing partners.
Our ideal candidate has extensive experience “owning” tasks and learning quickly. He/She thrives in a challenging and dynamic context and is able to adapt quickly to new requirements for continual quality improvement., strives to take on responsibility, and takes pride in ensuring that every detail is checked, and a job is well done.
Sound like you? Read on.
DATE: May 2019
- Together with the MOHD and service delivery implementing partners , conduct initial assessment of health quality areas, identify gaps, areas for improvement, and draft quality improvement work plans and implement in Sahil region.
- In Collaboration with MOHD and service delivery implementing partners conduct monthly/quarterly visits to health facilities in Sahil region and ensure that supervision findings are promptly shared with MOHD and service delivery implementing partners, and actions taken promptly to address gaps.
- Work with the MOHD and service delivery implementing partners to ensure that all necessary guidelines for RMNCH are distributed/available in all health facilities
- Provide On-job training to health facility and partner staff as necessary
- In liaison with PSI M&E department, create dashboards for individual provider performance, review and update dashboards, and share this with MOHD and service delivery implementing partners accordingly
- Collaborate with Regional and District Ministry of Health office and other key stakeholders in the Sahil region
- Work with MOHD and service delivery implementing partners to build health facility staff capacity in correctly capturing consumption at the facility level and transmitting same to the Regional Medical Officer
- Work with MOHD and service delivery implementing partners to train facility staff on the use and compliance to the Somali Standard Treatment Guidelines.
- Develop training and supervision plans in collaboration with MOHD and service delivery implementing partners..
- Ensure efficient and timely execution of Quality improvement plans.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting.
What are we looking for?
- University graduate/Medical Training – Doctor/ Clinical Officer /Midwife/Nurse.
- At least 2 years of clinical experience working in the areas of Reproductive, Maternal and Child Health
- Experience providing on the job/off the job training on Reproductive, Maternal and Child Health
- Excellent computer skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English and Somali languages.
- Good record of working with teams.
- Independent and Self-motivated.
Please submit your CVs to email@example.com not later than Monday 27th May 2019