Re-advert: DM&E Officer-III: Burao and Odweyne (2 positions)
For Somaliland Residents Only
DM&E Officer-III: Burao and Odweyne (2 positions).
To provide leadership in the monitoring and evaluation of the Food/Cash/Voucher assistance programme in the Districts and ensure that accountability mechanisms are established to allow World Vision remain accountable to the community and other stakeholders. The position will support the food assistance programs from design phase specifically in identifying key indicators, defining the M&E plan and other documentation needs.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Documentation
- Support in project designs and ensure that the log frame and M&E plan are realistic for food assistance programme.
- Liaise with M&E manager for their contribution to the technical aspects of the project design.
- Ensure that M&E activities are adequately budgeted for, this includes monitoring and end of project evaluation for the specified project
- Ensure that all Monitoring activities are carried out and reported on time (PDMs, MBFSM, On site distribution monitoring).
- Ensure that Monitoring data is regularly reviewed for its appropriateness and usefulness in measuring progress toward the achievement of project objective.
- Coordinate with external stakeholders including, but not limited to, academia, NGOs, Government, Private Sector and WFP in order to advance the learning goal of the project
- Contribute in preparation of quality monthly, Quarterly and end of project reports in time.
- Prepare schedule for monitoring together with communities and partners
- Plan tracking for key CWB indicators of strategic relevance from secondary and primary data, with partners and communities
- Ensure that M&E system for the food programme is linked to Humanitarian accountability requirements.
- Work with communities and beneficiaries to establish Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM) in all project sites and ensure that they are functional
- Ensure that protection issues that comes from the PDM and CRM are addressed appropriate.
- Ensure implementation of a safe, efficient and effective system for receiving and processing of feedback, ensuring a two-way communication between communities, beneficiaries and World Vision.
- Ensure that community feedback is effectively used to inform project implementation, monitoring, learning and improvement
- Prepare Monthly reports highlighting type(s) and number of community complaints / feedback by project sites. The report should include how these have been analyzed, followed up and used to improve community engagement and project implementation
- Ensure that capacity building plan on monitoring is in place and utilized
- Ensure that Data collection teams are fully trained, and receive field practice; in applicable research methods prior to formal data collection processes are undertaken
- Build capacity of partners effectively to collect monitoring data on CWB outcomes of strategic relevance.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
- Educational requirements:Bachelor degree related to the science and practice of community development, program design, statistics and evaluation;
- Experience:Two years’ experience in M&E positions including participatory research and impact measurement;
- Proven technical ability around M&E (i.e. experience in managing data entry and conducting data analysis and interpretation)
- Experience with SPSS or EPI Info and other related statistical software packages.
- Demonstrated understanding of quality assurance systems, and continuous improvement, with particular emphasis on integration of accountability measures into all aspects of the project cycle;
- Empirical knowledge of humanitarian codes, principles and practice;
- Good team player, self-starter, has ability to work under minimum supervision and maintain good relationships;
- Must have outstanding oral and written communications and relationship skills and;
- Good presentation skills.
Kindly note: All academic certificates will be verified with the issuing academic institution.
All Interested and qualified candidates should log on to;
For detailed requirements and qualifications for the above jobs.
All applications shall be received by 31st of December, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.