RE-ADVERT: Elections Logistics Advisor for the National Independent Election Commission (NIEC)
Job Title: Elections LogisticsAdvisor for the National Independent Election Commission (NIEC)
Creative Associates International Inc.
BUILD Project – Somalia
Position Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Creative Associates International Inc. is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, DC, the firm has a field presence in 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defence. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is located in Mogadishu, Somalia. The successful applicant must be a Somalia national and have the right to work in Somalia. No relocation or similar expenses will be paid by Creative Associates. The Elections Logistics Advisor will be embedded in the National Independent Electoral Commission in Villa Somalia and will directly report to the Chairperson.
The Bringing Unity, Integrity and Legitimacy to Democracy (BUILD) project aims to support electoral and political processes in Somalia by developing the capacity of governmental actors to design and administer electoral processes and by fostering increased citizen and media participation and oversight of the democratic process.
In regard to Somalia, BUILD will work to develop the capacity of the NIEC in the design, development and implementation of electoral processes leading to credible one-person-one-vote elections scheduled for 2020.
1 Year renewable
Position Start Date:
The Logistics Office, under the direct supervision of the Secretary General of NIEC applies logistics-based management techniques, maintains effective systems and ensures appropriate staff capacity to efficiently support the goals and objectives of the National Independent Electoral Commission and the BUILD project.
- Develops logistics plans and provides support on voter registration logistics.
- Designs and conducts logistics and supply needs assessments of the NIEC
- Planning, coordination and direct supervision of all NIEC logistics projects
- Assists in managing the timely supply of all voter registration and elections-related supplies and equipment for Headquarters and Provincial Offices;
- Develops plans to ensure the secure transport and delivery of sensitive and non-sensitive materials;
- Ensures proper record keeping of inventory in collaboration with NIEC Assets Management unit;
- Compiles, drafts and distributes regular progress reports to NIEC Management and BUILD in consultation with the election advisor BUILD
- Undertakes any other duties, tasks and responsibilities required for the successful implementation of the project.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of NIEC and BUILD
- High degree of personal initiative and willingness to accept a wide range of responsibilities;
- Demonstrated effectiveness in developing training materials and strategies
- Ability to provide technical and political advice to the NIEC leadership
- Excellent communication (spoken, written and presentational) skills, including ability to present sensitive issues /positions, write reports and promote NIEC decisions;
Planning and Organizing:
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills and ability to coordinate the work of others, work to tight deadlines and handle multiple concurrent projects/activities.
Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Promote knowledge management in NIEC and a learning environment in the office through leadership and personal example;
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Required Skills and Experience:
Education & Experience:
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field;
- Professional experience in logistics – including managing diverse logistics operations in military, commercial and/or international organizations;
- Experience of managing logistics in an international setting
- Previous logistics experience in elections or election-related operations essential;
- Prior experience in Somalia in particular on previous election management programs a significant advantage.
How to apply:
Send electronic submissions of updated resumes & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org 5 PM on July 09, 2019. Please include the Job Title in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.