RE-Advert: Finance Officer
For Somaliland Residents Only
Finance Officer II-Burao.
The position holder will contribute to the implementation of effective and accountable financial and asset control systems. With the assistance of the Finance and Support Service Manager, the position holder will implement planning, tracking and reporting mechanisms which contribute to effective and accountable programs. The incumbent will provide technical backstopping to program teams, promoting adherence to World Vision’s Field Finance Manuel for a host of routine financial transactions. With the assistance of FSS Manager, the incumbent will promote awareness of Finance and Support Service Manuel with staff members and implementing partners.
Contribute to the implementation of effective and accountable financial and asset control systems:
- Contribute to the implementation of day-to-day activities for the finance department covering the entire region:
- With support from the Finance and Support Service Manager- update Cash On Hand Account to ensure office liquidity;
- Track staff advances, providing regular updates to FSS Manager to ensure they are settled within 7-days;
- Prepare payment for suppliers, including check issuance and payment through electronic banking mechanisms;
- With support from FSS Manager, maintain accurate General Ledger Accounts, spearheading revisions and providing analysis as required;
- Generate cash transfers and payment processes, ensuring supporting documentation is in place as per the World Vision Field Finance Manuel;
Contribute to the implementation of timely planning, tracking and reporting mechanisms:
- With the guidance of FSS Manager, prepare monthly, quarterly cash projections for project operational cost;
- With the guidance of FSS Manager, draft periodic financial reports;
- With the guidance of FSS Manager, draft basic budgets for sector activities for proposal development;
- With the guidance of FSS Manager prepare bank reconciliations and follow up on locally recoverable items;
- Maintain sound and auditable filing system for all financial records;
- Coordinate the compilation and processing of implementing partners financial documentation;
- Coordinate the implementation of LDR with field teams, providing technical back-stopping and tracking submissions, following up with staff to ensure timely monthly implementation;
Promote awareness of World Vision finance policy and procedure to ensure accountable implementation of World Vision programs:
- Provide continual technical back-stopping to programs teams of financial documentation for routine office activities:
- Vehicle hire;
- Purchase of office supplies;
- Staff advance management;
- Facilitate in capacity building of staff members on finance policies and procedures;
- Provide technical back-stopping to implementing partners, providing on-the-job mentoring of World Vision finance requirements;
- With support from FSS Manager, draft responses to queries from various external stakeholders regarding World Vision financial matters;
- Analyze existing/new processes and procedures and advise Finance and Support Service Manager on means to improve current practice;
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Educational level required: Degree in Finance, accounting, Economics or related field;
- Experience: 3 years of experience in related field;
- Ability to articulate in written and spoken English at Basic level;
- Ability to present financial data in a clear and coherent manner;
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills
- Must promote Finance policy and procedure, must “walk the talk” in terms of accountability
- Ensure a gender perspective in the scope of work
- Fluent in English, and local language;
- Computer literacy and have good mathematical and analytical skills.
Kindly note: All academic certificates will be verified with the issuing academic institution.
AllInterested and qualified candidates should log on to;
For detailed requirements and qualifications for the above jobs.
All applications shall be received by 25th December, 2018. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.