RE-ADVERT: HROD Manager
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somaliland Association is affiliated. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse.
General aim of the position
- Effective implementation of SOS CV SOMALILAND HR/OD Policies and Procedures
- Effectively manage and champions change
- Strategic and timely undertaking of corporate responsibilities as assigned and needed
- Provides strategic inputs and direction to the organization, including OD for partner organizations as needed and called for
- Ensures timely support to staff and National Director, including Departments as and when needed.
Enable and ensure that effective HR/OD Strategy, Policy and Systems are in place that supports overall organizational strategy and direction
- Prepare department’s Annual Plan & Budget to complement the above strategy and policy needs and compliances
- Coordinate with the concerned departments, in particular finance and administration, to ensure procedures, practices and processes are in place to support strategic work and directions.
- Regularly and continuously conducts organizational diagnostic surveys to identify areas calling for system, structure and group interactions and recommend appropriate OD/ HRD interventions.
- Manage and champions change.
- Build and promote leadership and managerial competencies of HR/OD staff by assigning higher level responsibilities as and when needed
- Process timely organizational development interventions to effectively support and build staff’s capacity and commitment to perform in line with their work responsibilities;
- Assesses and analyze information on HR/OD policy and best practices related from world wise SOS National Associations and other similar organizations;
A loving home for every child
- Lead the process of reviews of Job Descriptions (JDs) and in the preparation of new revised JDs in line with organizational staffing strategy;
- Enable and sustain a motivating working environment throughout the organization that nurtures and sustains staff motivation and morale to deliver the overall organizational mission;
Conduct HR/OD Policy and systems review, audits, updates and monitoring in line with organizational objectives and wider Global HR/OD framework.
- Review and update HR/OD Policy as needed for purposes of ensuring consistent implementation, interpretation timely communication of policy memos and compliance
- Review current policy practices, systems for gaps in practice, interpretation and compliance
- Review SOS CV SOMALILAND HR/OD Policy for necessary alignment in line with changes in the global HR/OD framework and emerging organizational and strategic needs;
- Supervise preparation of department’s reports, staff update and monthly update;
- Identify generic and specific staff capacity building, learning and training needs, and mobilize them in line with
emerging organizational demands and required core competencies
- Enable effective and accurate identification processes of staff training and development needs through annual performance management systems
- Develop annual plans and budget for SOS CV SOMALILAND’s staff’s training and development in line with the identified needs
- Follow up and co-ordinate as needed with concerned departments, resource persons and institutes to organize training, workshop and exposure visits for SOS staff
- Plan and conduct staff induction and orientation (I&O) including ensuring mandatory visits to the projects
- Work to promote and enable a working environment that nurtures a “learning together” attitude and practice
- Build clarity and competence amongst staff to support functioning of working group/s and matrix working style in the organization
- Explore innovative methods and practices of building up SOS’s knowledge outreach, such as through e-learning and other mechanisms that promote critical reading
Develop and deliver plans for new staff recruitment, and staff secondment process
- Map out and manage filling up of staffing needs, vacancies through recruitment, secondment, or exchanges as appropriate
- Plan and pursue effective strategies and have processes in place to enable meeting of wider organization secondment goals and plans
- Prepare and draft job analysis to match emerging staffing needs
- Supervise setting up of staff and payroll databases especially for maintaining capacity building information, and consultant roster (institutions and individuals) information
A loving home for every child
Maintain effective coordination and collaboration within HR/OD department, and between HR/OD and other Departments for ensuring staff safety, welfare and security
- Co-ordinate and follow up on relation to staff concerns and issues
- Ensure timely dissemination of pertinent information to concerned staff, manager and departments for their update
- Assist in preparing guidelines, policy and systems for staff security measures
- Effectively delegate and oversee staff participation in orientation / trainings related to emergency preparedness.
Effectively handle staff grievances
- Gather information from different sources and shared communication/meeting minutes to identify issues and concerns relating to staff
- Follow up and wrap up issues/concerns relating to staff in a timely manner
- Ensure proper documentation and sharing staff grievances as appropriate
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
Build effective network relations within wider SOS Society globally
- Develop wider networks and links with other HR/OD functionaries with other National Associations to be updated about HR/OD issues, concerns and emerging trends or best practices
- Plan and pursue effective bilateral links with other SOS National Associations on further organization development concepts Regional / Continental secondment, peer exchange programs and exposure visits
Ensure effective management and capacity building of departmental staff
- Manage effective delegation and overseeing of tasks assigned to other members within the HR/OD Department
- Plan, implement and monitor capacity building of staff line managed within the HR/OD Department, including their long term career planning
- Provide coaching, mentoring and opportunities for departmental staff’s growth and career planning on a regular and timely basis
- Ensures performance appraisals, JD reviews are conducted timely
A loving home for every child
- Bachelor or Masters degree or Post graduate diploma in HRM/HRD/OD/ or any related social field
- A minimum of five years relevant work experience at senior level
Competencies – knowledge, skills, abilities
(Must-have all of the below or show capability to develop within 1-2 years at most)
- Excellent language skills in spoken and written English
- Excellent computer, interpersonal and team working skills
- Knowledge about labor regulations of the government of Somaliland
- Sensitivity and responsiveness to gender, ethnicity, disability,
- Ability to work in a multicultural work environment
- Ability to facilitate and champion change in an organization
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment and maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Listening, understanding and responding: To be able to understand accurately and respond effectively to both spoken and unspoken or partly expressed thoughts, feelings and concerns of others.
- Organizational commitment: To be able and willing to align one’s own behavior with the needs, priorities and goals of the organization, and to promote organizational goals to meet organizational needs. It also includes acting in accordance with organizational decisions and behaving with integrity
- Partners and stakeholders: To be able to work cooperatively with all partners and stakeholders to meet mutual goals.
- Team work and cooperation: To be able to work co-operatively within diverse teams, work groups and across the organization to achieve group and organizational goals Self Development: To be able to involve proactively and taking actions to improve personal capability.
How to apply: Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date is 29th July 2019. SOS is an equal employer; female candidates are encouraged to apply. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, it is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somaliland understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe.
A loving home for every child