RE-ADVERT: Internal Auditor
- Job category: Audit/Auditor
- Post date:26 Sep 2019
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
Job title: Internal Auditor
Department: Internal Audit
Based in: Hargeisa, Somaliland with extensive travel in Somaliland/ Somalia
Solid line report to: Regional Audit Manager
Dotted line report to: Country Representative
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
We are looking for an Internal Audit Manager for our Somaliland Office. PSI Somaliland is currently implementing an exciting large scale Health Service Delivery and Demand Creation program across Somalia in collaboration with implementing NGO partners.
Join our experienced, dynamic & diverse team united with our common goal to serve.
PSI is the prime recipient and implementer for two large scale DFID grants in Somaliland/ Somalia. We also manage our portfolio through implementing NGO partners who help us impement this program across Somalia.
We are looking for an experienced internal auditor who has worked with donors like the Global Fund, USAID, UNICEF and DFID. We pride ourselves in providing outstanding service to our internal and external partners, so an outgoing personality, strong collaborative spirit and dedication to team work is a prerequisite and a key success factor.
- Work closely with the Country Representative, departmental managers, Foundation
Market support teams and PSI’s global internal audit team to understand and identify existing and emerging risk areas and develop a risk profile for the country office.
- Prepare annual internal audit plan based on risk prioritization.
- Perform internal audits in line with the agreed annual plan to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of controls, efficient use of resources, and compliance with PSI, donor and local legal requirements and regulations.
- Conduct spot checks including reviewing documentation, interviewing staff, gathering evidence from vendors, partners and individuals to validate correctness and integrity of data generated by PSI Somaliland.
- Identify instances of non-compliance with PSI global, donor, local policies and procedures, control weaknesses and errors in the recording of transactions.
- Prepare reports documenting findings.
- Develop recommendations to address the identified issues and control weaknesses. Agree on the timelines for corrective action with responsible managers and Country Representative.
- Maintain and regularly update a database of country office audit findings.
- Regularly monitor and report the status of both internal and external audit recommendations and appraise adequacy of follow-up action taken on audit findings and recommendations.
- Work closely with PSI’s global internal audit unit and ensure adoption and implementation of new requirements and regulations.
- Identify training needs, develop a training plan for PSI program and field supervisors on risk management.
- Identify improvement opportunities and efficiency gains for local policies and procedures.
- Carry out special audit assignments and investigations.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related fields. External certifications such as
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Authorized Chartered certified accountant (ACCA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) is highly desirable.
- A minimum of five years’ work experience, two of them in a similar audit role.
- Familiarity with Global Fund, and other donor’s rules, regulations and compliance requirements.
- Familiarity with accounting systems such as QuickBooks Enterprise.
- Knowledge of IIA Standards and GAAP governing not-for-profit organizations a distinct advantage.
DATE: September, 2019
- Strong English language communications skills, verbal and written, including the ability to engage effectively with staff at all levels.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to follow assignments through to completion.
- Demonstrated strong moral and ethical foundation.
- Willing to travel to field locations in Somaliland/ Somalia.
To succeed in this role you must be self-motivated, have a strong sense of accountability and ability to deliver on time results.
Contact US if You Have What it takes?
If you think you are a great fit, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your application and a detailed resume to email@example.com not later than, 3th October 2019
with the subject line indicating the title you are applying for – Internal Auditor.
Qualified Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply,
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1477 total views, 4 today