This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
|JOB TITLE: HR and Administration Officer
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: HR/Admin team, support
||TYPE OF CONTRACT: National
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; ore because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
The Admin and HR Officer is part of support services in Puntland team and responsible to provide effective & efficient administration and human resources services, while managing admin and HR functions in Puntland programme and provide advises to managers in accordance with Save the Children’s corporate policies.
|SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Field Manager
Dimensions: Save the Children works in 8 countries in East Africa (Kenya, Somalia, Uganda, Rwanda, Sudan, South Sudan, Tanzania and Ethiopia) with a current staff complement of approximately 3500 staff and current expenditure of approximately $200 million each year
Staff directly reporting to this post: Domestic staff
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Directly responsible for managing and supervising all administration activities in the office, produce quarterly and annual work plans to the Field Manager in your respective offices
- Set up office administration support systems that enhances programme efficiency in all locations and communicate to all staff
- Agree with project teams regular auditing of programme assets to safeguard losses arising from fraud, waste, weak administration and ensure that the office has enough supplies of stationeries all the time
- Supervise and check conditions of office equipments and make repair maintenance if needed
- Manage and Coordinate systematically internal and external communications systems
- Supervise office and guesthouse premises in terms of safety and security ensuring all the necessary facilities are working properly, lightings, telephones, water, security barriers, while keeping up to date all lease contracts and MoUs with landlords
- Initiate request of payments for goods and services – suppliers, water bill, electricity bill, telephone bill, and office fuel
- Initiate and follow up request of visa for programme visitors and request travel booking with EC flight coordination in Hargeisa or Nairobi and arrange pick to – from the airport
- Ensure that all staff and visitors are briefed for administrative procedures and systems in place
- Ensure that all programme visitors are properly accommodated in SC guesthouses or with the recommended accommodations in all programme locations
- Liaise with Field Managers and Area Representative in Puntland the validity of registration certificate with Puntland government
- Responsible in managing all aspects of personnel management and ensure implementing good practices of personal management systems
- Facilitate all programme recruitment process providing guidance to recruiting managers, making available all necessary policy documents/references
- Draft job advertisement based on the job profiles and consider equal opportunities, gender and diversity aspects and circulate widely all advertisements and manage applications
- Ensure that an interview panel of at least three people is established including at least one woman (or one male) member of staff. Secure the list of questions from the recruitment manager and provide these to the panel in the standardized format for recording candidates’ responses to question.
- Follow up on at least 3 referees provided by the successful candidate. The former employer must be one of these. Where possible the previous employer must also be contacted by phone. Questions as to the candidate’s history in relation to safeguarding children must be included in all reference checks
- Organize and plan induction programmes for newly recruited staff and administer their personnel files
- Issue employment contracts for staff, local consultancies and temporary recruited staff like: enumerators and data collectors for project assessments
- Conduct regular supervision meeting with staff under your supervision and agree with them annual performance objectives and plan reviews twice a year
- Lead performance management trainings of staff and managers to set annual performance objectives and plan reviews twice a year and compile staff review reports and coordinate with managers to compile Somaliland team learning and development plans
- As Child Safeguarding focal person in Garowe, Qardo and Bossaso ensure all recruitments process takes into account Child Safeguarding lens and no unsuitable candidate joins the organization and facilitate CS trainings to staff and monitor staff compliance of CS standards of behaviour and report to CS coordinator any concern of child abuse
- Take the lead of implementing performance management in Puntland programme, including performance management information in the staff inductions, and support all line managers work with their teams member develop performance objectives every six months and conduct mid term and final reviews
- Ensure staff personal files are maintained up to date and kept in locked cabinet to protect the private confidential information
- Maintain up to date staff list for overall Puntland Programme and report to HR Manager on monthly basis changes of staffing
- Support managers to produce an annual leave plans for staff and follow up the implementation plans, keep records of all staff leave requested and taken in the staff files. Process and document sick leave requested, ensuring that doctor’s certificate is provided for all sick request that is more than one day
- Take personal responsibility for correcting staff concerns promptly and un-defensively, responds staff concerns ensuring they are aware of actions are being taken, explaining the rationale for decisions/outcomes and become involved in staff decision making process, while remaining objective and impartial and upholding the ethical principles of Save the Children
- work closely with line managers ensuring that all staff comply with Save the Children corporate policies and procedures, including the CSP, Code of Conduct, Fraud and dishonestly policy, whistle blow, harassment, Security, Health and Safety
|COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURS
Delivering Results (Skilled)
- Delivers timely and appropriate results using available resources
- Takes responsibility for their work and its impact on others
- Plans, prioritises and performs tasks well without needing direct supervision
- Understands the link between their work and the organisation’s objectives
Developing Self and Others (Skilled)
- Shows awareness of their strengths and limitations and actively takes responsibility for their development
- Seeks out feedback to understand their areas for improvement
- Actively shares knowledge and experiences with others
Applying Technical & Professional Expertise (Skilled)
- Delivers work that reflects a good knowledge and application of technical and professional standards
- Keeps up to date with trends in their work area
- Maintains ethical and professional behaviour in accordance with relevant codes of conducts
Working Effectively With Others (Skilled)
- Actively listens to new and different perspectives and experiences of those they work with
- Proactively supports team members and trusts their capabilities
- Demonstrates understanding of their skills and how they complement those of others within diverse teams and groups
- Clarifies their role and responsibilities within the team to maximise impact
Communicating With Impact (Skilled)
- Actively listens and seeks to understand before being understood
- Ensures communications are concise and well-structured
- Shares appropriate relevant and timely information with others
· Prepares effectively for meetings
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree in business administration, HR or related. or diploma with relevant professional experience
· Previous experience of managing a similar personal administrative work.
- Minimum 3 years proven work experience in administration and personal management within a busy working environment such as private company or INGOs
· Good English language command.
· Good computer and writing skills.
· Supportive personnel management style.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines Proven ability to handle challenging work load
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding and sensitivity;
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills;
- Commitment to Save the Children values
|Date of issue: September,2019 Author : SCI
error: Content is protected !!