Re-advertisement of Communications and Brand officer
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently working in Banadir and Bay/Bakool Regions.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below one position
Job Title: Re-advertisement of Communications and Brand officer
The National Communications and Brand Officer drives the National brand strengthening process to enable one consistent brand based on the overall mission of SOS Children’s Villages. He/ she facilitates and supports the implementation of the global brand frame and makes sure sufficient room is provided for local adaptations. He/ she is also responsible for gathering and producing key messages and material throughout the MA for both internal and external communication purposes. He/she is part of the Regional communications network and as such, is a fully contributing member of the global team, ensuring that the regional perspective is understood and represented.
|Direct Supervisor: National Director|
|Functional Supervisor: Communications and Brand Advisor|
Key Areas of Responsibilities.
|· Implement the international brand and communication standards in the MA, promoting communications content and global brand standards, when and where appropriate.
· Support Management in managing the brand strengthening process and contributing to develop a common brand and communications strategy, thus building the capacity at MA level through regular knowledge sharing, coaching and training.
· Monitor and evaluate the brand strengthening process in MA, drive brand integration and report to the National Director on progress and any challenges faced.
· Pro-actively research and produce communications content (such as stories, interviews, short videos, etc.) and act as the MA chief editor for communications content shared by key stakeholders.
· Drive internal and external communications from the promotion of user generated content (i.e. blogs, social media channels, wikis etc.).
· Updating of social media channels and sharing best practice examples throughout the MA, based on expert knowledge and experience of working within social media.
· Represent the MA in the regional brand and networks (for example, attend meetings and phone conferences; support strategic planning, etc.) and share best practices, progress made and challenges faced. In both networks, he/she will convey the MA perspective on the global actions and directives to ensure that they are relevant to the region.
· Enable and consult managers and co-workers on issues related to brand and communications; run and facilitate trainings across the MA, as directed and appropriate.
· Provide Public Relations expertise to the MA Somalia.
· Identify key media and key journalists and foster the relationship with them to proactively position the organization`s topics and massages in the national news agenda
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor in marketing and communications.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a similar position with international organization.
- Excellent writing skills and capacity to train others in basic writing skills
- Very good command of English; another language is an advantage
- Experience of working in a diverse and Somalia context or setting
- Ability to communicate and interact with senior management
- Very good computer skills, such as MS Office (Use of MS SharePoint, HTML or Photoshop are an asset, but not required)
- Skills in networking, motivating people and team playing
- Organisational and negotiating skills, diplomacy
- Confident presenter/ trainer with experience of leading group discussions
- Good critical thinking skills, organized
- Strong communication skills
- Results orientated, with a keen focus on targets and KPIs
- Good time management skills
- Positive, energetic self-starter with a high level of personal drive and resilience
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships across all levels of seniority
- To work effectively in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment, respecting diversity.
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally.
- Good soft skills to keep contact with key stakeholders, based on cooperation and respect
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 10th January 2019
Competent Female candidates are encourage to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.