Re-advertisement of Doctor
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently working in Banadir and Bay Regoins, we expending our services to Bakool Region
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below Position of Doctor
Job Title: Re-advertisement of Doctor
Location: Hudur, Somalia
The Medical Doctor oversees all activities within the SOS MC Hudur in order to achieve the highest level of medical care possible. The incumbent supervises co-ordinates and oversees the daily work of other medical staff. In addition, s/he maintains a close involvement with patient health-care, and personally attends to more complex cases referred by the nurse.
Report to: Project Coordinator
Key Area of responsibility:
- Guides, Controls and Co-ordinates all Medical activities at the Centre
- Works in close liaison with the Project Co-ordinator in providing information and reports as required.
- Prepares an Annual Budget for the Medical Centre in conjunction with Project Co-ordinator and Accountant and ensures the budget is not exceeded.
- Ensures the Medical Centre operates in accordance with the SOS CV Somalia policies and procedures.
- Acts as the in charge of the Medical section of the Centre, overseeing all activities including purchasing and medical administration.
- Assigns duties and co-ordinates all health/nursing services.
- Evaluates health activities to ensure a high standard of patient care and efficiency of service.
- Ensures the proper maintenance of the Centre’s medical section. Inspects to ensure cleanliness and comfort is maintained at all times
- Provides information and medical update
- Holds regular meetings with the Project Co-ordinator to brief him/her on the progress on a daily basis
- Holds meetings with the medical staff to discuss current activities, problems, concerns, and new ideas, in order to ensure open communication and co-operation.
- Keeps the medical staff informed regarding health care issues, particularly those issues affecting mothers and children such as family planning, HIV / AIDS, nutrition and hygiene.
- Provides Staff and Community with Health Care and Education & Ensures the Health of women & children
- Arranges regular health checks to ensure that women, children & Youth are well nourished and otherwise healthy.
- Ensures Efficient management of the Clinic
- Oversees the orders for drugs, solutions and equipment for the Centre.
- Ensures that accurate records of all drugs / medicine in stock are maintained.
- Ensures that all supply/medicines receipts and disbursements are recorded
Qualifications and Experience
- The desirable candidate must have Bachelor’s degree in medicine with two years’ experience in managing similar project.
- Experience in providing BEMONC, CEMONC, Child health, communicable diseases and none communicable diseases in a busy hospital or referral health centre.
- Demonstrated competency in staff capacity building.
- Ability to ensure quality health & nutrition services by implementing relevant guidelines and protocols
- Ability to manage and work with teams
- Proficiency in computer (Ms Word, internet, office, excel, power point)
- People skills such as problem solving & handling conflict
- Report writing skills
Desirable: Understanding local contexts and dialogues is additional value.
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 11th December ,2018
Competent Female candidates are encourage to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.