Regional Coordinator in Borama
Regional Coordinator in Borama
Terms of Reference
27 March 2018
Horizon Institute is an NGO that assists governments and non-for-profit institutions to create and take advantage of development and capacity building opportunities to improve justice and governance systems. Horizon’s work lies at the intersection of human rights/rule of law, institution building and locally driven development. We integrate all three approaches to promote locally driven initiatives and implement development projects that result in stronger communities.
The Regional Coordinator will be based in the Borama office of Somaliland with travel within Awdal Region and possibly elsewhere in Somaliland.
Duties and Responsibilities
Successful candidates will be expected to:
- Coordinate Horizon’s research and practical initiatives in Awdal Region by arranging meetings, interviews and maintaining relationships with justice sector institutions, other government and local officials, civic and academic institutions and the public;
- Manage the administration of the Borama office, including financial management and supervision of other staff;
- Coordinate logistics for visits to Awdal Region by Horizon’s researchers and other staff as necessary;
- Conduct research as directed to support the monitoring of the legal system and related issues in Awdal Region;
- Expand awareness amongst concerned institutions and members of the public of Horizon’s work;
- Assist in organizing and managing coordination meetings for relevant justice sector institutions;
- Coordinate and maintain communication systems between Horizon’s Borama and Hargeisa offices;
Mansoor Area Hargeisa, Somaliland | +252 (0) 633 751063 +252 279 940 957
P.O. Box 691-00621 Nairobi, Kenya | +254 (0) 20 4180 222 +254 (0) 713 773 420
- Complete special projects as identified, including, but not limited to, meetings, trainings, and conferences, by organizing and coordinating the events; planning and arranging schedules and monitoring results;
- Develop and carryout internal monitoring and evaluation of Horizon’s programs in Awdal Region;
- Any other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field;
- Proven experience with project coordination and management
- Proven experience managing logistics, including, but not limited to, arranging meetings with stakeholders;
- Established and extensive network in Awdal Region;
- Proven experience building and maintaining strategic partnerships;
- Currently based in Borama, Somaliland, or willingness to relocate to Borama;
- Fluency in writing and spoken Somali and English;
- Computer literate with ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Proven inter-personal skills;
- Strong work ethic, ability to learn new skills and being a team player;
- Ability and willingness to travel within Somaliland.
- Experience managing projects in Somaliland.
- Experience carrying out research in Somaliland.
Duration of Contract: TBD
Salary and Benefits: Horizon Institute seeks exceptional applicants and offers competitive compensation and employer-paid benefits.
To apply please send a cover letter and CV detailing relevant experience and a list of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will be filled ASAP. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit applications immediately.