MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES – SOMALILAND
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
MSF has been working in Hargeisa TB Hospital specifically in MDR department since January 2019. The main objective is to reduce the morbidity, mortality and burden of TB and more specifically MDR.
- Improve infection control in the health facilities.
- To provide support to the facilities in their detection capacities andimprove treatment of MDR patients
- Reinforce the Patient follow up (focus on MDR TB)
- To improve the diagnostic of TB in BoramaRegional TB Hospital
Support the implementation of GeneXpert based diagnosis of TB patients, including: lab training on machine operation, reporting of cases and possible supply of the Gene xpert.
- Outreach: To increase TB case finding, support active case finding activity among target populations through mass X-ray screening.
Workplace : BOROMA TB Hospital
Type of contract : 4 months (fixed term)
Start date : 21stSeptember 2019
Main purpose of the position
Follow-up all care and organize referral MDR patient and nursing related activities in the regional TB Hospital, ensuring the daily management of improving IPC in the facility and implementation of the MSF nursing protocols if need, in order to warrant efficiency, quality and continuity of IPC. Manage the MOH staff under MSF incentives in the region.
- General role:
- Represents as for MSF principals
- Coordinate the nursing referral of MDR patient from the regional TB Hospital to Hargeisa MDR with the MAM (Medical Activity Manager)
- Support the regional TB Hospital for improving IPC.
- Collaborate with the MOH outreach team for data analysis according to the TB case found in outreach
- Collaborate with the regional lab for Expert cases of TB
- Specific role:
- Early case detection and facilitate referrals of MDR-TB patients to the MDR-TB treatment center in Hargeisa
- Quality treatment:
- Infection control:
- Distribution of mask to patients as part of IC in patient waiting area.
- Ensure staff respecting infection control policy
- Improve universal standard precaution specially infection control for TB.
- Patient support:
- Outreach activities:
- Documentation and reporting:
- Report to the NAM (Nurse Activity Manager) the monthly activities.
- Participates in developing project documents and log frame.
- Follow up MDR patient after treatment in Hargeisa.
- Reports to the NAM for any incidents.
Education: Nurse Diplomaor Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing recognized in Somaliland
Experience: compulsory: 2 years’ experience as TB nurse in Somaliland
Work experience in a medical facility in city you applied
Language: Compulsory –English language level C1 minimum –
Knowledge: Computer literacy – MS Office and internet
Competencies: Team work in a multicultural context
Applications to be submitted online only on the email –firstname.lastname@example.org
Please precise on the object of the application “Regional_Nurse_NAME OF THE CITY” and your name.
Joint to your email:
- Cover letter in English
- Updated CV in English
- Copies of diploma(s) and work certificate(s) relevant for the position
- ID copy
The selected candidates after screening will be contacted for a written test in English.
Then, the successful candidates from written test will be contacted for interview in English.
Note: Written test and interview will be held in Borama Regional TB Hospital.
Deadline for submission of application: 16th September 2019