The Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) is an independent, non-political humanitarian organization that was founded in April 1963 and was established with presidential decree No. 187 in 1965. It was then recognized by the ICRC in 1969 and in the same year became a member of the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. We are currently seeking to recruit 2 qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions of Registrar in Baidao Branch.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To lead group education sessions for mothers and carers of children under 5 years
- To assess mothers and their children to identify specific feeding support needs
- To provide 1:1 breastfeeding counselling for mothers experiencing difficulties breastfeeding; including supporting relocation.
- To refer children for intensive nutritional/medical care as required
- Keep a register of mothers and children attending education sessions, receiving skilled assessment and support
- Manage crowd control within SFP
- Manage and monitor that sugar water is provided to all patients (children coming into the SFP)
Qualifications, Experience and Requirements
- Health education
- Knowledge of best infant and young child feeding practices and a willingness to learn
- Capacity to keep accurate records of activities and report in a timely manner
- Ability to make a work plan and direct work independently
- Willingness to live and work in difficult situations
- Knowledge of best infant and young child feeding practices and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to work collaboratively and as part of team
- Excellent written and oral English and Somalia communication skills
- Maintains a good working relationship with all clinic staff, BHO and SRCS Branch staff through continuous communication and feedback on activities.
- For a temporary period, the employee may be asked to perform duties and task not covered in this job description as well as to provide support to other departments when and if necessary
Code of conduct
- Required to follow the SRCS Code of Conduct at all times
Interested qualified candidates are encouraged to send their C.V with cover letter, copy of their certificates and 3 professional references to: email@example.com
Application Deadline: 16th April 2019