REQUEST FOR CONSULTANTS
REQUEST FOR CONSULTANTS
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is a global humanitarian organization with a mission to work with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change. ADRA Somalia belongs to the world wide network, comprised of more than 130 supporting and implementing country offices. ADRA is seeking services of a professionally qualified and experienced consultant to conduct a training on Good agricultural practices training in Lasnood somaliland.
PURPOSE OF THE CONSULTANCY
ADRA is seeking a consultant that can train agro-pastoral communities in Good Agricultural Practices and conduct community development planning process on farmers’ access to and use of seasonal and weather forecasts and information available to aid their farming.
SCOPE OF THE CONSULTANCY
The training will be conducted in Lascanood for two targeted agro-pastoral communities namely Waqdari and Gambadhe (Dalyare) in Lascanod district. The training will be for the selected farmers within the two target villages but it can be extended to field level trainings for a large audience if there is a need for the farmers.
Objectives of the consultancy
The objective of the consultancy will be to promote the use of good agricultural practices and will help farmers access to and use of seasonal and weather forecasts and information available.
The specific objectives of this consultancy are:
- Identify GAP that are practicable and suitable for the region by customizing SomReP guidelines.
- Train farmers in techniques for using more drought-tolerant or faster-maturing crop varieties
- Establish the GAP that the farmers are not utilizing at the moment
- Train the farmers on the application of GAP in their farms
- Help the farmers in the identification of common pests and recommend appropriate ways of eradicating them.
- Train farmers on appropriate use of pesticides that the farmers are currently using and evaluate their suitability.
- Advice farmers on the harvesting and post harvesting management of their produce.
Required skills and qualifications
- A Bachelors or post-graduate degree in the following fields; agriculture, agronomy or related field.
- Proven track record as trainers in agronomic practices
- Technically competent in offering practical training
- At least 3 years workingexperience
- Working experience in Somaliland, specifically eastern regions
- Ability to train adults with low education levels
- Availability to undertake the assignment from late June, 2019.
- Previous experience with conducting trainings on Good agricultural practices.
- A local Somali National with excellent written and spoken Somali and English
For the full Terms of Reference (TOR) please visit ADRA Somalia website www.adrasom.org. Interested persons should send a technical and financial proposal to email@example.com by 18th June 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.