REQUEST FOR CONSULTANTS
- Job category: Consultancy
- Post date:12 Aug 2019
- Share job:
REQUEST FOR CONSULTANTS
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is a global humanitarian organization with a mission to work with people in poverty and distress to create just and positive change. ADRA Somalia belongs to the world wide network, comprised of more than 130 supporting and implementing country offices. ADRA in collaboration with the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Disaster Management South West State, Somalia is seeking services of a professionally qualified and experienced consultant to carry out an Institutional Capacity Assessment for the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Disaster Management.
PURPOSE OF THE ASSESSMENT
The objective of the assessment is to establish the framework that guide strengthening the institutional capacity for the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Disaster Management (MOHADM) to be able to fulfill its mandates. The assessment will entail conducting capacity assessment of the institutional policies, operational plans, departmental structures and individual staff capacities to execute the mandate of the industry.
the findings from the capacity assessment exercise will be used develop feasible and time-bound capacity building strategy and action plan, including policy and operational aspects of the Ministry that can be implemented to enhance the achievement of its mandate
- Specific activities of the assignment
The consultant will carry out the following activities to deliver on the objective of the assignment:
- Carryout gaps analysis of the policies, operational plans, structures, mandates, personnel relevant to the effective execution of its mandate.
- Categorize the gaps into short term and long term to guide actions/strategy and investment priorities by the Ministry
- Assess the capacity of the Ministry on how it prevents enforcement, strengthen anticorruption measures to ensure accountability,
- Assess the strategies that the Ministry used to foster and increase participation and build collaboration with different stakeholders in her mandates.
- Assess institutional strategy that guide business processes, risk management, human resource management in the Ministry to discharge its mandates
- , Assess information, equipment and communication technology and that supports in delivery or fulfilling its mandate.
- Assess training and capacity building needs of the Ministry staff to enable them effectively to execute their mandate.
- Based on the information gathered from the capacity gaps analysis, propose capacity building strategy and plan and identify priority measures to be implemented
- Develop and implement the priority capacity building trainings for staff.
Qualifications and Experience
- Technical competencies
- Ability to apply conceptual models in training for disaster management and risk reduction
- Good knowledge of disaster risk reduction
- Strong training skills
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical standards
- Minimum of Master’s degree in any of the disciplines under Social Sciences, Management or relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the development sector having relevance to disaster management is essential
- Work experience in government or civil society organization specifically in managing training programs is desirable.
- Fluency (Spoken and written) of English language is required.
How to apply:
- For the full Terms of Reference (TOR) please visit ADRA Somalia website adrasom.org. Interested and capable consultant candidates should send their application documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com before or on 20th August 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- The email subject line should read “Institutional Capacity Assessment of the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Disaster Management, South West State”
- Only relevant professional credentials should be attached with the application.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1703 total views, 1 today