REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI) SAI Organizational Capacity Development Specialist
REPUBLIC OF SOMALILAND
Ministry of Finance
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST (REOI)
Country: Republic of Somaliland
Name of the Project: Domestic Revenue Mobilization and Public Financial Capacity Strengthening Project
Project ID:P151492, TF#:TF-A0389
Assignment Title:SAI Organizational Capacity Development Specialist
Place of Assignment: Hargeisa, Somaliland
Deadline: 22th July 2019, at 4:00 PM (Hargeisa Time)
The Government of Somaliland has received Additional Financing from the World Bank towards the implementation of the Domestic Revenue Mobilization (DRM) and Public Financial Management (PFM) Capacity Strengthening Project. The overall project development objective (PDO) is to ‘strengthen systems of domestic revenue mobilization, expenditure control and accountability in Somaliland.
The GoSL therefore wishes to use part of the funds allocated under the Domestic Revenue Mobilization (DRM) and Public Financial Management (PFM) Capacity Strengthening Project to pay for the services requested in this Terms of Reference.
- Scope of Work and Responsibilities
SAI Organizational Capacity Development Specialist will be responsible for the following: (a) Review office of the Auditor General organizational structure and its function against best practice of INTO-SAI and AFROSAI –E and make Appropriate recommendation (b) Review Auditor general strategic plan and align with National Development Plan (c) Develop plans for: Conducting SAI-PMF-assessment and ICBF-assessment; (d) Conducting the Supreme Audit Institution – Performance Management Framework (SAI-PMF) assessment and provide appropriate recommendation (e) Conducting the SAI Institutional Capacity Building Framework (ICBF) assessment and formulate recommendation to close any Gap identified during assessment (f) Developing Operational Manuals such as Finance Management manual, HRM manuals, Procurement manuals, quality Control and assurance manuals (g) Developing Operational training Manuals and material for OAG Staff (h) Conduct training & workshops including validation workshops on developed Manuals (i) Conduct Specific capacity needs and priorities at the organizational and individual levels in relation to (j) he/she will perform other services detailed in the TOR.
- Selection Criteria
Selection shall be based on qualification and experience of the candidate and followed by an interview. The minimum qualification, experience and skills should include:
Qualifications and Knowledge
- CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA, ACA, CPA, MBA (Public Finance) or similar internationally recognized professional accounting and Management qualification.
- At least 10 years of experience in progressive role of organizational capacity building and internal control improvement
- Experience in SAI Capacity building is essential
- Experience in development of SAI administrative/operational manuals
- Proficiency on training on how to operationalize developed manuals
- Professions on how to perform ICBF and SAI- PFM assessment
- Duration of the Assignment
The duration for the assignment is 6-12 months, renewable based on satisfactory performance.
- The Ministry of Financenow invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested Individual Consultants must submit their Curriculum Vitae (CV)and cover letterindicating that they are qualified to perform the services. The detailed TOR will be forwarded to the applicant upon submission of application in person or by e-mail to the address below.
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraphs 3.14, 3.16 and 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Financing Goods, Works, Non-Consulting and Consulting Services dated July 2016 and revised in November 2017 and August 2018, (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultants Selection method set out in the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations.
- Mode of submission of Applications and deadline:
The detailed Terms of Reference (ToR) for the assignment can be found at the following website: www.somalilandpfm.org or can be provided upon submission of application in person or by e-mail. The e-mail address is provided below from 8:30 to 3.30pm Hargeisa time (Excluding public holidays).
Expressions of interest (EOI) and CV must be delivered (in person or by e-mail) in a written form in three (3) hard copies (if not by e-mail) to the address below by 22th July 2019 at 4:00 pm (Hargeisa Time) – marked clearly as – SAI Organizational Capacity Development Specialist.
Domestic Revenue Mobilization and Public Financial Management Reform Coordination Unit,
Ministry of Finance, Hargeisa, Somaliland
Republic of Somaliland, Opposite of Ministry of Higher Education and Science
Email: email@example.com, and to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com cc: firstname.lastname@example.org.