Request for Proposals for Provision of Conflict Sensitive Programming Services in Somaliland
Request for Proposals for Provision of Conflict Sensitive Programming Services in Somaliland – P101-020
Project Holder : Various
Fund: Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2
RFP Title: Conflict Sensitive Programming Services
RFP No. : P101-020
- The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2023. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
- Various Government of Somaliland (GoSL) line Ministries and Agencies are in the process of developing project proposals for funding under SDF2. All projects to be funded under SDF2 are expected to adhere to the principles of Conflict Sensitive Programming. The SDF Secretariat, on behalf of the GoSL and SDF2 donors, seeks to engage a Consulting Firm to provide Conflict Sensitive Programming Services for a period of two years (2019 to 2021) commencing from contract signature on a Framework Agreement modality.
- The overall objective of the proposed assignment is to help SDF2-funded projects fulfil their commitment to Conflict Sensitive Programming, whereby each funded project is expected to consciously avoid or minimize its negative impacts whilst maximizing its positive impacts in the communities it is working in.
- The SDF Secretariat now requests proposals for Conflict Sensitive Programming Services (hereinafter called “Services”). Full details on the Services are provided in the Terms of Reference (Section 7).
- The Consulting Firm shall be selected under Consultant’s Qualifications Based Selection (CQS) procedure upon submission of a Simplified Technical Proposal (STP) described in this Request for Proposals (RFP) and in accordance with the SDF Procurement Manual March 2019 found on the website: somalilanddevelopmentfund.org
- The RFP includes the following documents:
Section 1 – Request for Proposal Letter
Section 2 – Instructions to Consultants and Data Sheet
Section 3 – Technical Proposal – Standard Forms
Section 4 – Financial Proposal – Standard Forms
Section 5 – Eligible Countries
Section 6 – Fraud and Corruption
Section 7 – Terms of Reference
Section 8 – Time-Based Form of Contract
- Completed Proposals must be delivered in a written form to the address indicated in number 8 below by 12 May 2019 at 11.00 a.m. East African Standard Time. Electronic submissions will be rejected.
Any attempt by individuals, institutions, companies and service providers to influence the outcome of the selection process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this service provision.
- Address and contact details:
Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat Office
Attn: Procurement Manager
Masala Area, Hargeisa, Somaliland
Telephone: + 252 633 501 394