Rigger Technician (2 POSITIONS – Burao and Borama)
- Job category: Technician Affairs
- Post date:25 Nov 2019
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
Rigger Technician (Burao and Borama)
SO! Ltd is the only Authorized Retail Agent for Somcable!!!
It is an ISP that fulfills the connectivity requirements for Organizations and individuals in Somaliland. SO! Uses the latest technology to deliver a full suite of world class services to its customers.
SO! Builds upon Somcable’s strength by using their fiber optic network infrastructure to deliver complete solutions for High Speed Internet, Voice, Multimedia and Enterprise Solutions. This makes SO! The most comprehensive ISP, the only and largest fiber network provider for all of Somaliland communication requirements.
We believe in leadership through people. Our technology and service-delivery strengths comes from our valued employees who have joined SO! & Somcable from all over the world to earn customer trust and loyalty with a continuing commitment to the deployment of innovative technology, reliable, affordable high-quality services and excellent customer care.
Who we are looking for?
Our company is searching for a motivated and experienced Rigger (Technician) to be based in Borama and Burco to Assemble or erect communication towers using construction or rigging equipment and Install Transmission equipment such as antennas, base stations and ENODB’s on top of towers
To qualify for the role, the ideal candidate will have proven experience and ability to read and interpret engineering diagrams and drawings, Climb and work aloft on poles, ladders or other support structures and able to define azimuth, direction, height information.
|Position||Rigger Technician ( 2 position)|
Reports to Wireless Supervisor
Duty Station Burco and Borama Somaliland with frequent travels to regional
|Salary||As per Somcable SO! Salary Scale|
Starting Date As soon as possible
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary job duties and responsibilities of Rigger includes and not limited to the listed below.
- Assemble or erect communication towers using construction or rigging equipment.
- Install Transmission equipment such antennas, basestations and ENODB’s on top of towers.
- Align and level ENODB’s and Antennas. Check antenna positioning to ensure specified azimuths or mechanical tilts and adjust as necessary.
- Climb communications towers to install, replace or repair antennas or auxiliary equipment used to transmit and receive radio, connectors or tower mounted amplifiers (TMA’s).
- Adjusting transmission equipment on tower with the correct azimuth and tilts
- Performing microwave, radios, sectors antenna alignment.
- Installing lighting systems and grounding systems
- Installation, termination and testing of coax, CAT5/CAT6 cables
- Communicate with coworkers to coordinate installations or repairs.
- Install all necessary transmission equipment components including antennas or antenna mounts, surge arrestors, transmission.
- Install, connect or test underground or aboveground grounding systems.
- Determine types of equipment, tools, or materials needed for jobs.
- Move materials, equipment, or supplies for the Wireless Transmission Dept.
- Perform maintenance or repair work on existing tower equipment using hand or power tools.
- Fabricate, set up, and repair supporting structures, hoists, and brackets, using hand and power tools.
- Perform general ground procedures, such as assembly of Microwave Dishes and steel structure assembly.
- Handle cabling and tidying of cables for all equipment installed on sites.
- Report to supervisor and do any other duties that may be assigned.
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Fibre optics
- RJ45 Work
- Alignment tools
- Single line
Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces
- At heights
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Tight deadlines
PERSON SPECIFICATIONS (REQUIREMENTS)
- 5 years’ technical field experience in Communications / Telecom industry
- 5 years’ tower rigging and climbing experience
- High school diploma/certificate
- Knowledge and experience working at heights.
- Able to work in a full body harness on rooftops and / or towers
- Understanding of data cable networking fundamentals.
- Must be physically fit and have the ability to lift weights
- Understanding of hand tools, and communication testing equipment.
- Reliable, dependable, adaptable and flexibility for changing priorities.
- Strong problem-solving skills and use of good judgement in response to unexpected problems
- Physical strength and the ability to work with steel.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering diagrams and drawings.
- Climb and work aloft on poles, ladders or other support structures.
- Able to define azimuth, direction, height information.
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should forward their CV’s and Cover Letter to email@example.com the subject line should clearly read ‘’ Rigger (Technician) + Location/City) the deadline for receiving applications is Thursday 5th December 2019.
SOMCABLE SO! IS AN EQUAL OPPERTUINITY EMPLOYER
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
915 total views, 2 today