WAMO RELIEF REHABILITATION SERVICES
|Job Advertisement – SC Doctor|
|Location: Afmadow District||Duration: 12 Months|
|Reports to: Health & Nutrition Project Manager||Vacant position: 1 positions.|
The collapse of the Somalia government in 1991 dragged Somalia into a miserable state characterized by chronic insecurity, massive displacement and lack of adequate access to basic human needs such as food, water and shelter. Amid this horrific state young Somali nationals established Wamo Relief and Rehabilitation Services WRRS in the year 2002 with the aim of contributing to the relief of human suffering in the country.
WRRS is a non Profit, non- partisan organization based in Somalia. The organization is legally registered and operating in the south central Somalia and Punt land.
We aim to strengthen the capacity of the local communities in Somalia and Kenya so that they may share and contribute to the educational, economic, and social well-being of their life through provision of relief supplies, emergency livelihoods and social support and capacity building interventions which are integrated in participatory community-based peace building and human rights-based approaches towards sustainable peace, reconstruction and development of Somalia.
WRRS, seeks the services of a competent SC Doctor PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
- Maintain and conduct standard nursing profession and procedures
- Offering direct patient care, encompassing all health, hygiene, and nutritional needs of patients;
- Work with your immediate supervisor closely in clinical management of cases
- Exrcise ethics, keeping privacy and confidential information protected
- Maintain standard infection control at your station
- Maintain and protect all equipment under your custody for your daily activities
- Examines patients/clients in line with standard medical procedures using various types of diagnostic mechanisms;
- Administers and prescribes drugs based on analysis of examination, test reports and findings and counselling services as National and WHO SAM inpatient management protocol;
- Manages the project unit’s implementation of nutrition program in agreement with the overall
CMAM Program activities specially Stabilization centre/ therapeutic feeding unit and the National manual in the management of SAM,
- Makes sure that stabilization centre/ therapeutic feeding unit is implemented according to the National protocol and WHO guideline i.e. application of the admission and discharge criteria, complication treatment, therapeutic feeding, closely monitors and strictly follows anthropometry measurement
- Ensures the availability of job aids, reporting formats, therapeutic products (f75, F100 and RUTF) and drugs for program implementation in SC
- Plan and organize SC at designated SC sites in liaison with WRRS staff
- Work closely Nutrition supervisor, Medical Activity Manger, IYCF, Nurses and community health workers to ensure all aspects of the program are understood and agreed and appropriate referrals take place to and from the community to OTP and SC sites.
- Work closely with other partners implementing OTP for proper referral and monitoring of beneficiaries at OTP level
- Ensure the multi-chart/inpatient card has properly filled and monitored and corrective action has taken on daily basis.
- Makes sure that health professionals from the health facilities to participate on the daily routine work for sustainability and smooth phase out strategy,
- Work closely with the teams to ensure all children are screened correctly.
- Ensure all criteria are respected and understood by the teams, including admission, discharge and transfer to and from the OTP/SC.
- Ensure comprehensive health checks and correct clinical diagnosis at the time of assessment according to the CMAM protocols so that the patient receives appropriate treatment in the relevant program.
- Ensure all children in SC are immunized according to the national protocols.
- Ensure timely identification of complications, non-responders, and referrals to further investigation and management.
- Ensure correctness, consistence and completeness of the information in the nutrition registers.
- Ensure adequate availability of all medical and food supplies and ensure stock is pre-positioned as planned by discussing with logistics
- Provide key Nutrition and Health education messages to beneficiaries based the protocol and guidelines
- Respond to inquiries regarding the technical aspects of the program admission and discharge whenever necessary at the SC sites.
- Follow-up and ensure the field team interacts with the beneficiaries properly
- Provide a daily/weekly and Monthly CMAM report to the SC doctors/nutrition Supervisor/Medical Activity Manager.
- Upholds the image and values of WRRS at all times,
- Performs other related tasks as required, like control and facilitation of vehicle movement within the project area in the field Prepare and submit regular monthly and quarterly logistic activity reports to the project/office managers;
- Document patient data clearly, concisely, and comprehensively;
- Gather and check for consistency of clinical cards data with close collaboration to senior health staffs and facilitate that these are properly transmitted to the Data Manager to be included in the database;
BSc Degree (Medical Doctor) in Medicine with experience in emergency nutrition response specialty complicated SAM management in Stabilization center and clinical experience in Under five children illness Diagnosis and treatment in hospital
- Over one (2) years’ experience in complicated SAM case management in SC and CMAM programs
- Valid and current practicing license.
- Excellent report-writing skills is an additive
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- At least 5 years work experience in humanitarian field in relevant technical disciplines and in coordination position
- Knowledge of the cluster system
- Knowledge of UNICEF procedures and familiar with their approach and strategies
- Project Management skills, including financial planning and documentation;
- Fluency in written and spoken English, good reporting and communication skills are required;
- Good problem solving and social skills and creative, to think of alternative solutions;
- Good interpersonal skills to work effective with different stakeholders including different communities in the target areas, humanitarian actors, service providers, local and national authorities;
- Excellent organizational, team building and participatory training skills and experience is required, as well as ability to work as part of a team;
- Previous working experience in Somalia will be an asset
- Desirable competencies and qualifications – Previous experience in the Somali context or in remote field
- Proved qualification in Health sector trainings
- Dynamic and flexible
- English language skills required (fluent),
- Somali language skills (desirable)
- Strong collaborator with effective inter-personal and analytic skills
- Training and guidance skills
- Able to work effectively under pressure and handle workload
All applications consisting of all the relevant supporting documents should be sent to email@example.com not later than 15th October 2019. Application received after this date will not be considered.