SC Nurse (3 Positions)
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide.We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently working in Banadir and Bay Regoins, we expending our services to Bakool Region
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below three Positions of SC Nurse
Job TitleSC Nurse (3 Positions)
The SC qualified nurse is expected to provide a high standard of promoting optimum health and preventive health care, thereby contributing to a safe, efficient and effective service to patients.
Report to: Nutrition Supervisor
Key Area of responsibility:
- Provides medical care and advice to patients/ beneficiaries and other staff as required. Treat more serious cases into the Stabilization Centre.
- Monitor, record and report to the doctor in charge any symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions.
- Provides mothers and children from the surrounding community with preventative and curative health care services.
- Detect of acute malnutrition in the community and provision of treatment for those without medical complications.
- Participate and disseminate public health and nutrition education messages to improve knowledge, attitude and practice.
- To work with senior medical staff so as to develop their supervision, training and management skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Nurse, Nutrition or related field
- Minimum 3 years of progressive professional experience in Managements of Immunization, or had work with Health Partner for MCH Projects
- Excellent command in Somali and English
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ward Management Skills
- Basic Knowledge and experience Nutrition
- Proactive, result oriented, independent, able to identify and carry out duties with minimum supervision
Child Safeguarding Policy:SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 10thNovember,2018
Competent Female candidates are encourage to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.