Title: School Librarian
Location: Hargeisa, Somaliland.
Application Deadline: 13th August 2019.
SOS Children’s Villages is an international social development organisation, focussing on the care and support of orphans and vulnerable children. We support families and communities to build their capacity to protect and care for their children, through our Family Strengthening Programmes. Where children have already lost the care of their biological family, we offer long-term family-based care through our SOS Children’s Villages. In these ways, we support orphans and vulnerable children to be able to grow in a caring family environment. SOS upholds the rights of children and youth and works towards protecting their rights.
SOS Children’s Villages Somaliland is seeking to recruit one School Librarian who will be working in our HG Primary School in Hargeisa.
- Organize and manage the daily running of the library, including supervision and execution of routine clerical duties including filing, shelving, repairing, issuing and recovering stock.
- Create and maintain a positive attitude towards the library and independent learning
- To provide the leadership and expertise necessary to ensure that the school library programme (SLP) is aligned with the mission, goals, and objectives of the school.
- To ensure that the library is an integral component of the learning/instructional program.
- To ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information.
- To empower students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skilful researchers, and ethical users of information.
- To instil a love of learning in all students and ensure equitable access to information.
- To collaborate with classroom teachers and specialists to design and implement lessons and units of instruction and assess student learning and instructional effectiveness.
- Produce and keep up to date the library development plan as part of the School improvement plan.
Qualification and Experience:
- Degree or diploma in education from a recognized university.
- Previous experience of at least two years as librarian.
- Fluent in English, both written and speaking
- Must have a background knowledge of Arabic and Islamic Studies.
- Knowledge on child rights and child protection
- Excellent communication skills, computer skills and ability to work with minimum supervision.
A loving home for every child
How to apply: Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of academic and professional certificates indicating (librarian) in the subject area, telephone numbers and three referees on or before 13th August 2019 to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please make sure you write the position you are applying for in the subject of your email.
- SOS HG Hargeisa Primary School is a non-smoking environment.
SOS Children’s Village is an equal opportunity employe
SOS Children’s Villages is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and, therefore, it is
expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somaliland understands his/her
responsibility in protecting and keeping children safe.