Post Title: School Secretary
Location: Hargeisa, Somaliland.
Date of Issue: 5th August 2019
Closing Date: 13th August 2019
SOS Children’s Villages is an international social development organisation, focusing on the care and support of orphans and vulnerable children. We support families and communities to build their capacity to protect and care for their children, through our Family Strengthening Programmes. Where children have already lost the care of their biological family, we offer long-term family-based care through our SOS Children’s Villages. In these ways, we support orphans and vulnerable children to be able to grow in a caring family environment. We also run schools. SOS advocates the rights of children and youth and works towards protecting their rights.
SOS Children’s Villages Somaliland is seeking to recruit one school Secretary, who will be responsible for the reception and secretarial duties of the SOS Hermann Gmeiner primary School in Hargeisa.
Secretary duties include:
- Types work presented by the school management or other office staff.
- Handles internal & external communication of the office.
- Maintains all school data including statistics, class lists and filing systems.
- Answers all routine correspondence independently
- Schedules meetings and appointments and arranges travel reservations for office staff.
- Prepares agendas and records minutes of staff meetings.
- Performs all the secretarial tasks as photocopying, binding and filing.
- Maintains a well-organized office, ensuring cleanliness, good order and availability of supplies.
- Receives visitors in the school
- Organizes refreshments for guests and assists with the organization of special functions.
A loving home for every child
Qualification and Experience:
- Diploma in Management or Social Sciences from a recognized University. o Certificate in Secretarial is a must.
o Fluency in both Somali and English languages.
o Should have excellent computer skills including typing, basic designing and office package. o Should have excellent communication skills, courtesy and organization.
o At least two years of professional experience
o Having worked with Children and Youth will be an added advantage
How to apply: Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees on or before 13th August 2019 to: email@example.com . Please indicate “Secretary” in the subject area.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Please make sure you write the position you are applying for in the subject of your email.
- SOS HG Hargeisa Primary School is a non-smoking environment.
SOS Children’s Village is an equal opportunity employer
SOS Children’s Villages is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and, therefore, it is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somaliland understands his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children safe.
A loving home for every child