Security Guard (2 Positions)
Job Description for Guard Advertisement
Position title: Security Guard
Number of vacant positions: 2
Duty Station: Hargeisa office
Type of appointment: Temporary.
End of the appointment: 31stDecember 2019 (with the possibility of extension)
Welthungerhilfe is a non-profit organization headquartered in Germany that aims to reduce hunger and poverty. It has its ETH/SOM Regional Office in Addis and a Programme Office in Hargeisa, Somaliland. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing development projects in Somaliland since 2001. Multi-sectoral projects have been implemented in the Awdal, Marodijeh, Togdheer&Sanaag Regions for the past 18 years.
Under the supervisor of Administration Officer, ensures the security and safety of WHH office, assets and staff members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Protect the overall security of the office.
- Screen and organize entries and exit, movements of people inside and outside the base day and night.
- Check the identity of visitors, register IN and OUT, give them visitor cards and inform the admin for any appointments for further checking.
- Register WHH vehicles and ensure drivers obtained the gate pass in accordance with WHH office protocol.
- Watch over the security of the premises and office assets.
- Report on weekly and even any urgent issues about the security statusto supervisors.
- Watch over the security of the equipment.
- Contribute towards collecting information on the security situation and transmit all information on the security situation to the supervisor.
- Be present and on full alert during all hours of duty.
- Ensure that all security incidents are reported to the security supervisor immediately.
- Making sure that doors, windows are probably closed after the closure of working hours.
- Ensure that all electric office devices including lights are switched off.
- Switching on security lambs at night.
- Carry out any other task asassigned by the direct supervisor.
High school certificate or intermediate school.
Professional experience and skills:
- At least three years’ work experiences in similar position.
- Basic command of English language.
- Gardening experience is also preferable.
- Good communication skills.
- A well-kept outer appearance and cultivated manners.
- Team oriented.
- Capability to work in a multi-cultural team/environment
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their applications and updated CVs with three updated references either by email or hand to Hargeisa office near Djibouti consulate at 5: 00 pm, on 23rd of May 2019. All applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage of the selection process.