Senior Motion Graphics Trainer
Senior Motion Graphics Trainer – Job Description
|Position:||Digital Design Trainer|
|Closing Date||Jan 14th, 2019|
HargaBits is a youth based program that uses ICT multimedia creatively to improve the lives of less privileged youth from the non-formal settlement co-founded by Shaqodoon Organization in partnership with Oxfam Novib. HargaBits target population is the youth from the informal settlement areas of Hargeisa which is significant portion of the society. These youths are faced with many socio-economic challenges that hinder them from progressing in life and making meaningful contribution to their societies. Key among these challenges is lack of education and employment opportunities which leaves the youth idle and despaired and leads them to engaging in vices such as drug abuse, join extremist groups, illegal migration and theft among others. The major cause of unemployment among these youth is their inability to access skills and education.
In this regard, HargaBits offers ICT trainings for these youth to equip skills to enable them engage in gainful income generating activities. The training is conducted in three levels/stages which include taught theory and practical and hands on training through internship. The training curricula is based on creativity and encompasses marketable applications including graphic designs, motion designs, video editing, app development, web-design and development. The beneficiaries are also offered entrepreneurship training to give them self-reliance skills in business planning and management. This gives them capacity to develop and actualize ideas and engage in self-employment. The program also aims at linking these youths to financial facilities to enable them access funds to start and strengthen their own innovative ideas.
Hargabits is looking for a qualified motion graphics trainer in the areas of filmmaking, editing, and cinematography, animations who is familiar with software’s such as Adobe illustrator, Premier Pro, After Affects, and Final Cut Pro. The ideal trainer will have at least 5 years experience in the field and creative profile.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivering training programmes to students either in a group classroom setting or in a one to one basis.
- Adapting bits’ academy curriculum and customize training for the students
- Supporting and coaching students using self-learning packages.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the training and course outcomes and giving feedback to the Project Manager.
- Marketing and Communication activities including Hargabits and HarHub website and social media
- Taking responsibility for maintenances of hardware and software used for training purposes and recommending repairs and upgrades to the programme coordinator where appropriate.
- Keeping up to date with the local ICT and design innovators, the relevant systems software and online training technology.
- Supervise HarHub interns and editing studio activities.
- Deliver and facilitate training, coaching and mentoring that encourages accelerated learning and results in new knowledge and skills applied into the workplace
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Knowledge
- A degree or equivalent qualifications and competencies in ICT or significant up to date industry experience to deliver the ICT
- 5+ years of motion graphics and creative agency experience.
- Strong knowledge of Film Making and Photography
- Strong motion and video skills using After Effects. Premier are bonus.
- Passionate about good design, motivated, ambitious and extremely creative – full of ideas across multi-platforms.
- Strong typography, layout and technical skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience of working across online banners (static and animated), social media posts (primarily Instagram and Facebook), web design, UI design and storytelling.
- A creative designer who has a breadth of understanding of responsive design across all digital platforms.
- A fantastic portfolio crammed with innovative and inspirational work demonstrating digital design and motion/video work.
- Able to create beautiful visual UI design that can align with the UX design.
- An understanding of UX and latest technology trends.
- Confident, enthusiastic, quick to learn and able to think on your feet.
- Able to talk through your ideas confidently with the team and clients.
- Must be a great communicator who can bounce off ideas with the team at every stage of the project cycle.
- Be able to work independently and also within a team.
- Flexible and adaptable with persistent drive to learn new skills and constantly improve.
- Excellent communicate in both Somali and English a must.
How to apply;
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV to Info@hargabits.comby Jan 14th, 2019. Kindly indicate the position title on the subject line when applying. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Shaqodoon is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.